2005- Part 3

WC:1,529

It was a few days later now and Ariana was feeling much better.

"Thanks for taking care of me, mummy and daddy," she smiled thankfully at her parents.

Adelaine and Lee kissed their daughter's forehead.

"Merlin, that was an experience," Lee said.

"It was."

"Would I be a horrible dad if I suggest we send Ari over to my mum and dad's so we can get some time alone?" Lee asked.

"Maybe tomorrow or the next day so it's not too horrible that we send her over," Adelaine told him.

Lee nodded.

-Scene Break-

It was now time for Lee's promotion party of sorts. Again Ariana tried to weasel her way into going but she was stuck going to her grandparents again. Lee and Adelaine apparated to the hall.

"So, how far along are you again?" Lila asked, she had been dating Jake for a few months. This is the same Lila that she had interned with at the Prophet in her sixth year.

"Almost five months," Adelaine smiled.

Lila nodded.

"So, you're the bosses wife?" A new voice asked.

Adealine turned towards the slightly younger boy. He was maybe two or three years younger than Adelaine with brown hair and blue eyes. She knew most of her husband's employees but this one was new.

"I'm Brad,"

"I'm Adelaine Jordan," she said putting the emphasis on her last name.

Brad just smiled and said. "You know you're beautiful."

"Thank you, Lee tells me that all the time," Adealine said, again putting emphasis on her husband's name.

"Why don't you dump him and go out with me," he said.

Adelaine chuckled and said. "Like I would do that, I love Lee too much."

"I can support you and your children better."

Adelaine shook her head and replied. "No, you can't."

"I can and maybe we can have one of our own one of these days," he said, leaning into touch her belly without permission.

Adelaine's first instinct was to slap his hand away which she did.

"What was that for?" he complained.

"Get away from me!" Adelaine growled dangerously.

"I can't help it, you turn me on so much."

Adelaine slapped him across the face and walked away.

"Come back here, you witch!" he yelled going after her.

Adelaine didn't listen.

"I said come back here," he said, grabbing her by the arm and practically slamming her against the wall.

Adelaine slapped him again. She hoped her son was okay from the impact. Brad leaned into kiss her.

"If you go any closer to my wife, I'll hex you to oblivion," Lee threatened.

"Like I'm scared of your puny ass."

Lee smirked at him.

"Well if you insist on staying with him that's your choice," Brad sneered at the couple as he walked away.