Chapter One

The cold wind brushed onto my face as I waited outside. I knocked on the door once again and waited patiently. I grab the folded paper out of my pocket and read it. There was the address printed neatly across it. I was at the right place. I continued to wait and let out a sigh stuffing the paper back into my pocket. Suddenly the door opens and I look up slowly, in front of me stood a dark haired guy. He looks at me coldly and suddenly it seemed like he knew everything about me, my bags sat to the side of me and he looked down at them, then his eyes met mine once again. "You must be the new guy" He says in a low voice and I gulp. I nod slowly and he scolds me up and down before pushing the door open and signals me to come in. "Come on, I'll show you around the flat" He says and I nod before picking up my bags. I slowly followed behind him and he shuts the door behind me. He continued walking around the living room quietly before walking into the kitchen "This is the kitchen". We continue walking and he continues to show me every room in the house.

"This is the basement, where we practice" he says as he points to the door next to me, I turn towards it and he moves forward opening it. He begins walking down the stairs and follow quickly behind him, still clutching onto my bags. Half way down I hear people talking with each other and I take a deep breath nervously, realizing I was about to meet the band. I take the last step before walking into the room. All boys become quiet and stare at me blankly. "Who's this?" One of them asks looking straight into my eyes with his deep blue ones.

"This is the new drummer, Ashton" The same guy who answered the door says.

"We add someone new to the band and you don't tell me or Luke?" He asks before giving me a mad glare. I bite my lip and look around the room nervously.

"Mike forget about it you don't like anyone so who cares, we need a drummer and he can play" The dark hair one says and I look at the other guy who I guess was Luke. He looked as if he was just as awkward as me.

"Hey drummer boy you know how to talk or are you just gonna stand there and look at us" Michael asks and I put my bags down next to me.

"Um, I'm Ashton" I say nervously and he gives me a cold stare. He was about to say something but someone cuts him off.

"Nice to meet you Ashton, welcome to the band. I'm Luke. You met Calum and that's Michael" The blond guy says with a small smile.

"Okay guys it's only nine o'clock, let's go get pizza to celebrate our newest member!" Calum says and Luke smiles cheekily at him.

"Okay lets go" Luke says and they all stand up. I start to walk behind the boys up the stairs until suddenly, I feel someone's hand put a tight grip on my shoulder. I turn around to see Michael and he begins to squeeze harder before moving me back to the wall. I shriek in pain quietly and he pushes my other shoulder against the wall as well.

"listen here princess, this is my house and my rules okay. Don't come in here thinking you're part of the band. I can kick you out along with all the boys. I don't like you and you're lucky we need a drummer. You better stay out of my way and not get on my bad side, Understand?" He asks.

I take a huge gulp and stare into his eyes terrified, he pushes me harder against the wall and I cringe my face in pain.

"Do you understand?" He repeats and I nod he pushes me once more against the wall before letting me slide down. He walks up the stairs leaving me down on the floor. I look around and begin catching my breath. I could tell this wasn't gonna be good. I get up from the floor and look around sighing. What did I do to get on his bad side? Walking up the stairs I get back into the living room.

"Where were you Ashton?" I hear a voice ask behind me and I spin around to see the boys all standing in front of me. I look at them and hesitate to answer.