Chapter Seventeen

"So what do you guys want to do?" Luke asked cheerfully and I looked at Michael, his arm hung around me right when he saw me looking his direction he smiled at me, last night was honestly amazing, one of the best nights so far. I don't really know how I got into my room, but I guess Michael carried me in from the porch.

"I don't know, think Blondie what are we doing?" Calum said smirking towards Luke. Luke blushed a little before turning towards Michael and I.

"What do you guys think we should do?" He asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know, what did you guys normally do when I wasn't in the band?" I asked and the boys just thought quietly.

"Why don't we just do the song we've been practicing" Calum said, avoiding to look at any of us.

"The One Direction mash up?" I asked and Calum nodded.

"Yea, do you guys know it?" He asked and we all nodded.

"Okay, then how about we do that, if you guys want to" Calum suggested. We all nodded, but no one stood up to go get there instruments.

'I'm comfortable though" Mikey wined and pulled me closer to him, hugging me. I could tell the boys were staring at us, obviously not nicely.

"Let's go" Calum said standing up and left to the basement.

"Well someone seems annoyed." Michael smiled at me and I did too.

"Who cares. it's about us, not them" I say and he looks at me smiling a little.

"I like you a lot Ashton" He whispered and I blushed, smiling lightly.

"I like you a lot too." I whispered back and I started to lean down only to have to move back up right away because the boys were back.

"Come on guys, go get you instruments, so we can do this." Calum demanded with a puss on his face. Michael and I rolled our eyes before going upstairs together. I went to my room and grabbed the block of wood in the side of the room before going back down the stairs the boys were setting up the camera and Michael sat at the end of the couch, plucking his guitar lightly. I set up my drum next to him and the boys got ready to turn it on.

"I got it" I said and the boys made poses in front of the camera. I looked at them, they all had huge smiles on their faces. Huge fake smiles. Wow. I walked back to my drum and Michael introduced us all. I was kind of nervous to do this song, all of us had solos. As we started I could feel myself shaking. I sung my solo shakily, but other than that I think it was okay. I couldn't help but smile once Michael's solo came along, he sang so amazing, but I can tell by the other boys change in expressions they didn't agree. I felt like screaming at them. It seemed like they didn't appreciate Michael at all. The song ended which seemed seconds later and I wasn't focusing so it caused a late ending. Everyone looked at me and I could feel myself embarrassed. I looked down at Michael who gave me a reassuring smile before nudging my side

"Go shut it off" he said quietly and I rushed up. The boys yelled goodbyes in the background but once they noticed the camera off. Their smiles and faded and Calum let out a heavy sigh. I went back to my stool/drum thingy. I actually don't know what you'd call it and sat down.

"Good job guys" I said awkwardly but no one had responded for a few seconds.

"Thanks Ash. Great job on your solo, you sing amazing" Michael said smiling at me with such love in his blue eyes.

"So do you Michael, but better than me" I smirked at him and he shook his head.

"Not at all, stop lying cutie" he said and I felt my face turn red. Before I could say anything else Calum interrupted our little "who's better" argument.