Chapter Fifty-Eight

My mind and thoughts were muddled, the brutal alcohol combining with all of my thoughts. Though the taste is sour and impeccable the effect of sanity is more than rewarding. This whole day has been eating me alive, the grief still nibbling down on my stability. Why did I ever let the stupid gang come this far? Why would I ever allow the poor people in my life to be hurt? I was so selfish and even if I say it a million and one times I wholeheartedly hate myself. This bottle of whiskey seemed never ending, nearly taunting to me to see if I could finish it and tried my hardest to beat the challenge. 

Even if it's dangerous and the cause of my mood swings this liquor is what makes me happy even for the slightest time. It masks over the hurt possessing my mind and in the moment I feel sane. None of the boys have returned home since I left and I'm fairly grateful for that. I'm now alone to drift away into the secureness of a bottle. I know if Ashton was home he'd nag at me that this isn't my fault and lie to me saying that I shouldn't blame myself.

My eyes flickered all around the room with a blur as my head spun. How is it I drank as much as I even did, I thought looking at the almost empty bottle of Jim beam. The heavy front door of our flat swung open and my eyes hopefully trailed over to see who it was.

Cold air rushed in through the open door and his figure stood there staring at me. Calum glared as he flickers his eyes all around my body and eventually the bottle of whisky next to me.

"Are you fucking serious?" He asks harshly and I slowly move my head up looking at him.

"W-what?" I asked quietly with a slur and he slams the front door shut moving quickly and closely towards me. Causing me to lean back in my stool a bit, and grab onto the kitchen table.

"What the fuck do you mean what!" He yells closer to my face by each second. My body stiffened as he did so and I arched my back. "You were the cause Jack almost killed Luke and instead of taking responsibility for it you get drunk! I bet you haven't even cared to check on Harry at all this whole time you've been home!"

I felt guilt run over me, but also anger. "I fucking know what happened!" I cry throwing up a fist as if I were really going to hit him but of course I wouldn't.

"What are you going to hit me?" Calum asks standing up a bit straighter and balling his fists as well.

"N-no.." I mutter and he nods picking up the bottle and staring at it before suddenly his eyes welted with tears. He pegged the bottle of whisky at the wall causing the rest to spill out and the glass to shatter on the kitchen tiles. I jumped and became quiet as I stared at it in shock.

"Stop fucking drinking and stuff won't happen you pathetic asshole!" He screamed, still clenching his fists and suddenly I couldn't seem to calm down.

"That was my bottle!" I scream and stand up rushing towards Calum. He moved back but I slammed him into the back of the wall by holding onto his shoulder. "How about how bad you treated Ashton at one point? How about how you used to fucking treat me you piece of shit!" I shouted nearly against his face. His arms met with my chest and he pushed me back forcefully making me fall. I looked up and his breaths became light as he closed his eyes.

"I'm not fighting you because if I do Luke won't be the only one in the hospital" He threatens before staring back at the wall where the bottle remains are. "Just don't talk to me from now on Michael. I'm done trying." He growls before beginning to walk away. I stare with the urge to chase after him and punch him senseless but I knew even thinking straight was challenging at this moment. The door opened again and Ashton flicked on the living room light.

"Michael?" he asks throughout the house and I stand up, slowly I guess gaining his attention he stared over at me as I tried to catch my balance. He was holding a brown bag in his arms.

"Hey baby." He smiles, walking into the kitchen and grabbing a cup of coffee out of his paper bag "I got you this, I'm not sure if you wanted it but why not" He giggled but even that didn't make me smile. I wiped off my clothes and didn't say anything before sitting back on the stool at the table. 

"Michael" He frowns "Are you still upset at what happened at the hospital?" He asks placing down the drink and my eyes shoot over to him.

"what the fuck do you think? God are you stupid!" I scream and his face crunches a bit. 

"I know that was dumb of me but don't be sad babe." He says quietly and places his hand on my shoulder. I stiffen up and bite my lip before pushing him away roughly.

"Don't touch me." I mutter and stare up at him. His face was a bit plain except a nervous smile crossing his face. 

"You know I'm here for you.." He starts and wraps his arm around my body. I felt my blood rush a bit and I stand up swinging my hand against his face as hard as I could. He instantly fell back and grabbed his face with his hand wincing in pain. 

"I said don't fucking touch me!" I scream in anger clenching my fists and he stared up in a look of horror and sadness. I couldn't feel bad though I was too mad to even think. I looked over at the coffee he bought me and threw it on the floor. "Don't buy me gifts, don't baby me and stop feeling fucking bad for me Ashton!" I yelled and he sniffled a bit as tears began welting in his eyes. After just staring at him I ran up stairs into my room, slamming the door shut. 

Wowza drama. Damnnn . Hey beautiful people :) Merry/Happy Christmas/ Hanukkah/ Kwanzaa I hope you all have a great vacation and wonderful holiday <3 I love you guys ! c: