Chapter Eleven

"Maybe next time your mad you shouldn't go punching walls" Michael says continuing to wrap the gauze around my hand. I was silent and tried to ignore eye contact. My hand was throbbing and I wanted to burst out in tears. Why was life so difficult now a days? It hurt when Michael tried to bend my hand back. It felt like someone was stabbing me from the inside out. He continued to wrap it tightly before he finally finished. He grabbed up my hand smirked slightly before kissing it. As mad and upset as I was I couldn't help but smile

"Can you stop being cute I'm mad right now" I say smiling lightly. He rolls his eyes and places back down my hand.

"I can tell, what happened that made you so mad?" I knew if I lied he'd instantly know considering how bad I am at lying. So instead I just shrugged my shoulders quietly. He sighed.

"Come on Ashton you're acting really weird lately! Just tell me what's up." He says and I sigh.

"I just have a lot on my mind" I say and he pats my hand, making me flinch. My hand hurt so much, I felt like crying. Gosh I am a baby. I've never broken a bone before I didn't wanna go to a hospital for it, I mean what are they gonna do wrap it up? I can do that here.

"Ashton I can understand a lot of the things your going through" he says reassuringly. I shrugged my shoulders.

"You don't have any siblings and your not gay, you didn't join the band trying to make everyone like you. I honestly don't get how you can relate to anything going on in my life." I say looking down and Michael sighs, before standing up from the floor.

"I'm not gay but I'm bi. That means I like boys and girls, which is still not excepted by society and I may not have a brother who gets abused but my friend did get abused by his mom and I had to deal with seeing him beaten and burned everyday and do you not realize that everyone in this band hates me?" He says and I look down. Maybe I was wrong, but I couldn't talk about the other guys with him. I still wasn't sure what's going on or what's gonna happen. I just wish that I could go back to being invisible, like in high school, or any time in my life! I was never popular unless I was used as someone's punching bag.

It went from kids at school, John, Michael. See! Most of my life I was beaten and abused and you know hated. Honestly I found it much easier like that. I.. Well, I'm not sure how it's easier but it just is.

"Not everyone in this band hates you, I don't. I could never hate you." I say quietly, still staring down. He suddenly puts his finger under my chin and lifts up my head quietly, I stared into his eyes and he smiled brightly at me.

"I know that and that's why, you're my favorite" he laughs a little.

"Michael I need to ask you something" I said nervously. I've had this question on my mind for a while but I never asked him.

"What's up goldy locks?" He smirks and I smile gosh he always made me smile. But no, I had to be serious!

"W-What are we?" I ask quietly, I guess I was too quiet because he didn't hear me.

"What are we?" I repeat and he shrugs his shoulder quietly. Thinking, He hesitates to answer, seeming just as confused about it all as me.

"Friends, I guess" He says and I look at him, before standing up.

"Michael, we can't just be friends. Friends don't kiss or say I love you! It doesn't work like that. I don't think at least." I say and anger seems to run around his face.

"Friends!" He demanded and I looked down

"Michael that's not what friends do.. I don't want to only be friends. I feel so safe around you, like nothing can hurt me. Please don't make me give that up." I say quietly looking down at the bathroom floor. Suddenly I felt a tight grip on my shoulder. I knew this, it was so familiar. Oh no.