Chapter Thirty-Seven

Michael and Calum were of course the most confused in the room at the moment, shocked as well. I was only surprised he would bring up things like that as I tried to make things better.

"What was that all about?" Calum asked again trying to get an answer out of me. I went with my first reaction; clueless.

"I'm not sure." I lied and looked at Michael scared to see his reaction

"Maybe you should go talk to him." Calum suggested, done fixing the strings on his bass. I slid off Michael's lap into the seat where Luke was.

"He's probably with Brianne so I'll just leave him be" I leaned my head on my head and let out a sigh of rue.

The rest of the day we didn't do much, Michael and I went to the park like we planned, Calum hung out with Harry and Luke with Brianne. How it usually is at the house, besides Harry and Calum that was pretty unusual. Maybe it was just because his and I's problems are some-what resolved at the moment and they were both alone, just sitting on the couch. Even though we'll probably be fighting within the next few days, so it'll most likely change to how it was before. For Michael and I, the last outbreak from him towards me was the night "I saw Regina" So he's doing much better at handling his anger. Now Michael and I were watching a movie. I was laying my head on his legs covered in a pile of blankets and pillows. He was laying back against the couch cushion, lightly drawing twirls on my back with his finger. It was relaxing and to say comfortable was an understatement. I hope he felt the same though, I wouldn't want to make him uncomfortable.

Another loud explosion burst, interrupting my thoughts. I don't know what movie this was now, Michael changed it like half an hour ago. Some spy movie from how I can see. A girl sprung to another building not allowing the fire to catch onto her leather, spy suit covering her body. Her hair was the color of fire and eyes like chocolate, almost like Calum's. From the last five minutes of looking at the screen the most information I've gathered is a pretty girl with red hair is a spy who is on the loose for taking a computer chip from someone. But that's all, nothing interesting. Trying to watch it never worked, I'd always either doze off or get into another deep state of thought, and about the most random subjects.

I learned a Polar bear can smell a seal or other food sources from up to a mile away and three feet under blankets of snow. It is impressive but if you think about it, there isn't much else to smell, maybe snow. I find it engrossing to find small facts like that, even though the only paces they're available is under the cap of a juice container. I laughed ideally before looking up at Michael. He smiled at me with endearing look but I could only stare at him. He didn't look happy, he looked distraught like something was bothering him but he just kept it to himself.

"What's wrong?" I asked quietly, his smile left and his finger stopped making the circles around my back. He shrugged his shoulders, holding back saying anything, I sat up and looked at him. My face covered with concern.

"It's nothing babe, just been thinking a lot lately" He said hoping I'd brush it off, flashing me the same smile, I could see past so easily.

"Come on Michael, please I know something is bugging you and I want to be able to help you" I said and he looked for the right words to say, biting his lip. I knew he wouldn't tell me, but I knew that it was worth a shot.

"I just-" He took a deep breath. "Do you remember the day Brianne came and I hugged you, rambling on about how much I cared about you?" He asked and I nodded, laying back on his chest, adjusting myself to get comfortable. He slipped his arm so it wrapped around my waist and started to draw the circles again on my lower back.

"Yeah I remember" I whispered, cuddling closer to him. He stared down at his finger as he rubbed it along the skin of my back.

"I dreamt about you and I but, it wasn't good. You were hurt and I wasn't able to help, just like Regina. I'm sorry to tell this and dump my problems on you it's just, I'm-" He stopped talking and took a deep breath and looked down at his wrist. "I'm honestly really scared Ashton. I'm scared, they somehow know we're together and they want to hurt you. They want me to be miserable and they'll do anything to make me miserable. You don't deserve that Ash" He cried tears beginning to fall.