Chapter Forty-Five

**Ashton'sP.O.V**

Harry plopped himself down in the back seat of the car as Michael and I settled ourselves in the front seats. Tonight was so amazing the food, the gifts, the music and Michael's all around amazing family. Christmas was basically over now being that it was nearly one o'clock in the morning. As I buckled myself in, my phone rang loudly. Michael instantly shushed me realizing he wanted nothing to do with waking up Harry.

He grabbed the phone out of my pocket and answered it as I finished getting myself ready to leave.

"Ashton" Michael said and as I started to pull out of the drive way, I shushed him.

"Michael tell them I'll call them back" I said quietly but Michael grabbed onto my arm making me slam on the breaks. Something about his voice and the look on his face instantly worried me. I knew this had to be serious.

" Ashton, your mom.. She's in the hospital. They told me it was serious" My eyes widened and I stopped the car, shakily I answered Michael back.

"what happened?" I asked and Michael took a deep breath.

"Ashton it was John, he beat her." Rage filled up inside of me. Of course it was John! I fucking hate him. I slammed onto the steering wheel.

"Of fucking course it was! God damn it! I hate him!" I yelled hitting the window and Michael slowly took a breath rubbing my back soothingly.

"She's at Bentwood hospital." He said quietly and I looked back at Harry with teared eyes. I hated my mom she was the woman who was supposed to love and protect us before anyone else. She didn't even care when I was jumped. She probably sat at home getting drunk or fighting with that prick. Yes my "mother" was a horrible excuse for a family member, somehow though all I could hope was she was okay. I took deep breaths and turned around starting to drive to the hospital. It was a quiet ride and I continuously had cried, hoping that she was alright. Michael sat quiet as well obviously filled with a sense of sorrow towards me. The hospital wasn't too far away but it seemed like it lasted forever. 

This all happened fairly quickly, I leave an amazing night and right when I make my way into the car I get a phone call about my mom. After around a twenty minute drive we pulled in to the hospital and I woke up Harry, right when he realized where we were his eyes widened and he knew exactly what happened. 

"I knew it! I knew he'd hurt her while I was gone!" He said, it was strange he knew this much but it wasn't to hard to conclude that this is what happened. 

"It's alright buddy. You're mom is going to be fine, calm down" Michael said and as all of us took deep breaths we piled into the well known hospital.

"Let me just say in the past two months I've been in the hospital like five times and it's not even an exaggeration" I whispered to Michael and he grabbed to my hand, drawing small circles on it. He only smiled at me warmly, signaling that everything was going to work out. I walked to the main desk and smiled at the lady sitting there. 

"Hello, how may I help you?" She smiled and I did as well. I looked at Michael and Harry then back at her.

"I'm here to see Anne Marie Irwin" I said shakily and she gave me a disappointed look.

"I'm very sorry sir, visiting ended at nine o'clock" She said and I looked at the clock above her head.

"Please, it won't take long. It took us nearly a half an hour to get here and it's the day after Christmas, can't you please make one exception?" I begged and after a while of her green eyes staring at us she shook her head yes. 

"Ten minutes, that's all" I nodded, Michael smiled with a look of interest masking his face.

"She's kind of hot" Michael whispered and I rolled my eyes at him as we followed her to my mom's room. "56B". She took a deep breath and looked at her watch. 

"You guys have exactly ten minutes and then you're out." She stated and opened the door. I walked in as she left the the scene and looked at my mom as her leg was hanging, her lip was cut open and she had a black eye. She had bruises covering almost every inch of her face. She was awake but you couldn't tell, considering she didn't even blink, just staring at the ceiling. 

"Mom!" Harry cried with tears in his eyes and she groaned as he plopped onto her side, squeezing her. 

"Harry.." She whispered and I stared breathless. My heart had honestly broke seeing this, I'd never wish this scene on anyone. 

"Why would you let him hurt you mommy, why?" Harry asked and more tears fell down his face. She turned her head, and smiled a little. 

"I'm alright baby, I promise" She whispered and hugged him. She stared at me and I didn't have any words to speak at this moment. Michael looked at me and then called over Harry.

"Harry, why don't we wait out there for a little bit and let Ashton talk to her" Michael suggested and Harry agreed as they left. It was silent for a moment. 

"Mom, why would you let it come this far?" I asked with tears rolling down my cheeks. I couldn't help but be angry at her. "You shouldv'e left the first time he put a hand on any of us. I'm sorry but you let it come to this. Have you see the marks and bruises all over Harry? It's child abuse, straight up abuse why would you ever let this happen!" I yelled. 

"Are you done?" She asked and I collected myself, taking a deep breath, I had to get that off of my chest. 

"Yes" I mumbled quietly and she sat up.

"Ashton.. John's going to jail. We're also getting a divorce, he's not going to be in our lives anymore." She said and I stared confused.

"It's all over?" I asked and she nodded.

"I'm so sorry for everything. I was such a pathetic excuse of a mother, I've realized now how important you truly are to me. When I was drunk you would be right there to help out with Harry. And I, your own mother had judged you for who you loved. I don't care if you're gay or if you want to turn into a girl, you are my son and I love you so much" She said and joy had filled my body. I flung my arms around her as tears fell onto her body.

"Thank you. I love you too mom" I said quietly and she nodded.

"I do have a few questions for you though" I pulled away.

"Okay, ask away" She brushed the back of her head with her hand and sighed.

"Ashton, I'm going through a lot of therapy after this and I'm not going to be home. I- I need you to be Harry's legal guardian from now on" She said and the words struck me. 

"Mum, I love Harry very much." i thought for a second before nodding and patting my mother's hand. "I've done it before so hey, why not" i giggled and she smiled.

"Thank you so much" She whispered with tears down her face before groaning. "I fucking hate hospitals" She whined and we both laughed.

"Yea me too mom." I said and she smiled. Suddenly the nurse made her way back into the room. 

"Sorry guys, but the ten minutes are up" She said and I nodded kissing my mom's forehead goodbye. I followed out there and Harry quickly ran back in to also say goodbye. We left the hospital and I looked at Michael.

"Babe can you drive, I kinda just need to lay down and think for right now" I said and he nodded. 

"Yeah of course baby. You're okay right?" He asked and I smiled, nodding. 

"Surprisingly I am. I love you so much Michael" I said and kissed him passionately. I loved him so much.

Sorry this chapter sort of sucks, it was more of a filler chapter to patch somethings up with Ashton's family, but trust me, this fan fiction is far from over! :) I realized it's not a bad fan fiction just a lot of mistakes. Anyways I'll post the video link, explaining somethings about this fan fiction tomorrow so please vote, comment and follow me on here and twitter (@CliffordMyNigga) That way we can interact more c: Also feel free to check out my other fanfics which all three chapters up except for one. Okay I love you all <3