Chapter Six

Gosh, Michael. He's such a confusing person. Just like I said, the kiss must have meant nothing. I shrug my shoulders before leaving the room. He follows behind me and we walk down the stairs. When we get in the car, I look over at him and he smiles.

"What?" I ask and he starts giggling a little.

"I don't know. You just make me smile" He says and suddenly my cheeks turn bright red. I hide my face and he laughs.

"Oh calm down. I should just stop talking to you" I calm myself down before nodding

"Okay I'm good" I say and we both laugh

We pull up to my house and I honk the horn, waiting for Harry come out. We sat there for a few minutes before i let out a sigh. I open up the door and step out, I guess Michael wasn't coming since he stayed in the car. I walked slowly up to the door and brought myself inside. Instantly I could hear screaming. I closed the door before following the noise into the kitchen. There was my mom and John screaming in each other's faces.

"HEY HEY. KNOCK IT OFF!" I yell going between them. They continue screaming even when I'm in the middle.

"You fucking prick!" "Go die whore!". I pulled back my mom as they continued to scream hate words at each other.

"Shut up! Both of you!" I yell as John moves closer.

"I should beat both of you" I pull my mom in front of me and start pushing him back.

"Stop!" I scream and suddenly it's silent, besides small cries from my mom.

"Why the fuck are you here faggot?" He asks with an attitude and I roll my eyes.

"I'm taking Harry for the day. Where is he?" My mom continues to give him death stares before turning over to me.

"He's in his room. Crying because of this psycho!" She yells

"You better stop. He's only nine he shouldn't have to deal with his shit. I'm going to get him and when I come down it better be fucking silent!" I yell and hit John's shoulder walking past him near the stairs. I walk up and lightly knock on his door.

"W-who is it?" He asks

"It's Ashton. I'm here to pick you up now" suddenly the door opens and he runs into my arms hugging me tightly. We stayed like that for a few seconds before I lean down and wipe away his tears.

"Please don't cry buddy. We're gonna leave and have fun with Michael. Okay?" He nods and I take his hand before walking down the stairs. I scolded the two in the kitchen as it stayed completely quiet.

"Bye mommy. I love you" Harry said quietly and she nods still crying lightly.

"I love you too baby" she says and we walk out the door. Harry looked at Michael before nudging at my arm and I lean down. He goes to my ear.

"So, is that him?" He whispers and I look at Michael with a small smile.

"Yea. Now let's go. He's been waiting for a while" he nods smiling and I walk him to the car still holding his small hand. I open the back seat for him and he steps in. Michael stares at him, before smiling. I sit in the driver's seat and he looks at me.

"So this is Harry?" He asks me and I nod

"Yea. Isn't he adorable?" I ask and they both laugh a little. Michael looks over his shoulder smiling a little.

'Yea he is. What's up short stuff?" Harry rolls his eyes making us laugh.

"Just being normal Harry and I'm not that short!" We laugh a little before it becomes silent. Harry seemed glum today, I mean I did just rip him from a bear fight between his parents. But it was like something else was bothering him.