Chapter Sixteen

"John! Stop!" My mother croaked as footsteps stomped against the floor by my room. I could tell that something was about to happen. I looked at little Harry, he was only five years old at the time and his perception of the world was pretty bad, from how he's grown up so far. Suddenly the door swung open and the smell of alcohol filled my room. It was honestly that strong. I jumped quieting my self as he stormed over to me. His eyes bloodshot and filled with anger.

"You like boys? You like boys? You little faggot!" I knew that my mother had obviously told him that Jack and I started dating and he obviously wasn't to thrilled about it. He didn't like Jack or I as it was.

In a sudden instant he grabbed me off my bed by my hair throwing me to the ground. Harry started to scream and cry as he watched John pushing my face against the ground repeatedly until blood oozed from my nose. I knew I was crying as this happened, but I wasn't exactly focusing on that. John stood up and kicked me in the stomach groaning each time. Mumbling hate words to me, I knew fighting back would just make things worse. I prayed laying down on that floor that mother would stop him but at the same time I knew she wouldn't step between her boyfriend and son. The pain grew more and more, kick after kick when finally someone had pulled him off of me. I could hear the screams of my mom telling him to stop.

My eyes were blurry and the sounds of screaming from my "parents" and cries from my brother filled my ears. I began coughing up the thick red liquid that was also pouring from my nose and making a stain in the rug. It all was slowly stopping as my vision turned dark.

My eyes shot open and I began gasping for breath, sitting up quickly. I had pains in my stomach and I was absolutely terrified. It had all seemed so real like I was back to that night. I looked around my room, noticing in fact it wasn't mine. I was laying on Michael's bed, there was a sound of yelling down stairs.

"Come on! Come on! Damn!" I knew it obviously wasn't fighting because it was followed by loud laughter. I walked out Michael's room shutting the door and went down stairs to the living room.

Harry smiled joyously with Michael as they were playing video games, killing zombies or something.

"Get that one! Get that one" Harry laughed before shooting at the side of the screen.

"Nice!" Michael said high-fiving him. I smiled at them as Michael looked up at me.

"Hey there sunshine" he laughed and I looked at the clock. Was it really only 9o'clock? I asked to myself.

"Hey guys" I said awkwardly and they continued to play their game. I walked towards the couch and sat on the end suddenly the loud sound of the game stopped.

"Ashton why don't you play?" Harry asked and I laughed at him.

"Really? That was a funny one Harry! You and I both know that I don't know how to play this" Harry rolled his eyes and Michael signaled me to come near him. I started walking when suddenly he grabbed me down on his lap, wrapping his arms around me the remote connecting his arms. They started back up the game and Michael rested his head on my shoulder. I thought Harry would have pointed out how badly I was blushing because it was bad, but instead he just smiled and winked at me.

It seemed like the game took forever, but maybe it was because wasn't actually into it like them. I was more focused on how tightly Michael had been gripping my waist, I was quite comfortable. After a few more deaths of zombies, Harry stood up stomping his feet and I saw across the screen "Game Over"

"I totally got him!" Harry whined and Michael patted my leg, sadly I had to stand up moving from the position.

"You did good little one" Michael said with a small smirk and ruffled Harry's messy blond hair. It was cute how much they got along.