Chapter Fifty-Seven

**Michael's P.O.V**

I sat down in this hard wooden chair, shaking my foot violently. I couldn't seem to breathe correctly. Instead of them being normal short breaths I didn't even pay attention to make I was taking forced heavy gasps for air in order to breathe. The words from doctors echoed in my head as if I had a play list made just to hurt myself, on repeat at the highest volume. It stung my heart to know what had taken place. To know this was all my fault is eating me alive.

All three of us boys sat quietly not even moving or looking up at one another. None of us comforting each other. We sat just picturing, innocent Luke being stabbed and it hurt me more than words could do justice to explain. I know it's my fault. This all is, Ashton getting jumped, Luke getting stabbed, Regina getting killed is all due to me and trust me I hate myself more than imaginable for it.

We've sat here for nearly hours, yet, it feels like months. Years. Decades. Generations. Just time spent being overtaken in undying guilt and regret. Luke didn't deserve this. He shouldn't have even interacted with Jack. After hours of not moving I tilted my head lightly to the side and met my stare with Calum. Though his eyes were light with sadness and blocked by tides of water he stared angrily back at me.

"You know this is your fault, right?" He asked harshly and Ashton's eyes sprung over to us. It was bit quiet for a moment as I continued to merely sit there in guilt.

"You can't blame him Cal. Michael didn't mean for this to happen" Ashton said abruptly before grabbing a hold of my shaky hand. Calum sucked his teeth as I stared pleadingly for him to not blame this on me. I was hurting enough as it was.

"No it is his fault! Jack wants you dead so why don't you just do us all a favor and make his wish come true!" Calum yelled making some people who sat around us look over. I felt a sudden intake of sadness fill my body and it hurt. Physically the pain hurt me.

"Calum don't say that!" Ashton nagged squeezing my hand even harder but I couldn't help but be affected by Calum's words.

"I-I'm sorry.." Was all I could mutter out as the tears overwhelmed me and began once again pouring from my eyes. This whole room seemed to be caving in on me and it seemed my lungs were closing shut. Yes I may be sounding as if I were over exaggerating as to how it feels but it is very similar.

"Calum Hood!" A doctor exclaimed and he stared over at us, still holding the same glare along his face. Without saying a word he stood up and the doctor and himself walked away quietly. I crossed my legs and laid my head in my hands, running my fingers roughly through my hair. It all seemed fake. These pure white walls, the smell of cleanliness and quick movements of nurses all just puzzled me and made my head spin.

**Calum's P.O.V**

Maybe it was a bit harsh what I said to Michael and sure I didn't mean it but how could I not be upset with him? It's his fucking fault Luke got hurt! It's his fault that Luke could've died, of course I'm going to be mad. I looked up at the doctor walking beside me, he was awfully big, but not big as in heavy, rather masculine. He seemed like if I were to even dare to touch him he would rip my face off and put it back on my head upside down. Honestly, he was intimidating.

"So um, where is Luke's room?" I muttered awkwardly, because it seemed like we've been walking for hours.

"It's on the upper floor. In the Intensive care unit, to be exact" He said and turned the hallway to an elevator. I gulped as I quickly followed behind. The words "Intensive care" Is what scared me most. I don't want Luke hurt in any extreme pain. Gosh, I could picture him now, scared to death and crying in excruciating pain. We stepped into the elevator and I looked up at the large man beside me.