Chapter Fourteen

I stood up and looked down at Michael, he stared quietly at the wall, with puffy eyes. I was confused, I could tell he was too, but I never actually do know what's up with him and what he feels. He looked so upset. I didn't know what to say or do. I've caught him like this twice. He's broken. I was scared. What happens if I'm not there to stop him next time. He could kill himself. I would never be able to live without him. I needed him. Through everything, he was my rock. I don't know what to do. He looks up at me and I stared into his wet blue eyes, I saw something. Something I never thought I'd see in his eyes. They told me how he felt. He was sad, he was mad, he was guilty, he was tired, he looked like he was dead. His once beautiful, cheery eyes had dark circles around them, and his skin was pale.

"D-did you tell your boyfriend about Regina, Ashton?" He asks shakily, barely audible. I didn't like that. I didn't like Jack being called my boyfriend. I know I called him that but I only did it, to make Michael mad. I took a deep breath before sitting aside him.

"No, I swear that I didn't tell him. He told me that he knew on his own. He said he knew a lot about you. I didn't tell Jack anything." I promise to him, but the way he looked at me I could tell that he couldn't believe me. It was the truth though, I suck at lying so wouldn't he tell?

"Whatever" he mumbled and put his hood up, covering his face. "Michael I'm telling the truth." I say and he shakes his head.

"Yea sure Ashton. I totally believe you." He said in a sarcastic tone. I don't get it, why wouldn't he believe me. I've always told him the truth. Maybe not ALL the time but most of the time I did.

"I'm serious" he sighs before standing up.

"Whatever" he said with a faint smile on his face.

"Just give me my razor, so then we can both be on our way"

"Michael we need to talk about this." I demand and he rolls his eyes.

"There's nothing to talk about Ashton. I know I can't trust you like I thought I could. That's all I have to say." He says. No. No. I couldn't lose his trust. I didn't do anything.

"I didn't tell him about Regina! Gosh, Michael I didn't tell anyone. I haven't brought it up to anyone! Why don't you believe me?"

"Because drummer boy, I've never seen that guy in my life, there's absolutely no way that he could have known about Regina! Unless you told him, he is your boyfriend so of course he'd be the first person you spill to." I sigh, I didn't want a fight to break out.

"Michael I swear on everything I did not tell him anything about you, and he's not my boyfriend. I said that, because.. I wanted to make you jealous. I don't even know why. I'm sorry, but you have to believe me. Please." I beg and he took a deep breath, sticking out his hand.

"Can I have it back?" He asked and I froze. Why did he want that little piece of metal back so much?

"Michael!" I yell but suddenly before I could say anything else, his hand swung at my face, slapping me. I stood there frozen. It wasn't the pain that hurt me, he hit me, with anger. He's hit me before somehow though, this was different. I can't explain it. I started tear up before shaking my head. I threw the blade on the floor and he slowly bent down to pick it up. He put it in his pocket and walked away. I held onto my cheek still in shock.

"M-Michael" I called as he stood at the doorway. He turned around to look at me and I ran up to him, wrapping my arms around him. "I'm sorry" I said in a shaky voice. It took him a while until he hugged me back. He held me close, and we just stayed like that for a few seconds. I pulled apart and looked at him in the eyes. They were still beautiful to me.

"Why are you apologizing?" He asked. I was still staring in his eyes, getting lost by the second. It was like i was reading a story, because his eyes, did tell a story.

"I'm sorry for a lot of stuff. It seems like we argue everyday." I said and laughed a little, realizing I just said the lyrics to Ordinary People. The song I sang when Luke kissed me. So wait where were Calum and Michael that day? I wanted to ask but this obviously wasn't the time.

"It-It's whatever" he said quickly, looking like he was avoiding to say something. Before I could question it he walked out of the room. It's weird that we've spent most of our time together in the bathroom. I let out a sigh. Michael is so complicated. But I mean everything's complicated now a days. I left the bathroom and went into my room, sitting on my bed. I looked to the side of the room, on my dresser. The picture frame I bought for Michael was sitting there. I never did put the picture in and I probably should. I said to myself forcing myself to get up. I grabbed the new frame and walked down the stairs.

I walked down the stairs which was awfully quiet and dark. I heard faint whispers and the sounds of gun shots and screams going off. Yea I know what any other person would have thought but they were watching the zombie movie I've watched at least ten times. I grabbed the broken picture frame off the dresser and went into the kitchen. 

I sat down at the table with it, and examined it. It was really pretty. A silver frame with hearts on the edges. I loved it. I slid the picture neatly in and observed it. It's crazy how much depression and stress can change a person. I will never get over how happy Michael looked with her. It really is crazy. I stood up and left the kitchen towards Michael's room. I knew I shouldn't just open it, so I knocked and waited. He didn't open right away, But soon enough the door opened and giant clouds of smoke came out. I coughed in disgust. It couldn't have been cigarettes it was different. 

"What the hell are you smoking in there?" I asked, he looked so calm, it was kinda cool. He laughed a little before holding up a blunt. 

"Weed. You wanna try?' He asked holding it out, I shook my head and pushed his hand away.

"No thank you Michael." I said and picked up the frame looking at it.

"H-Here I put the picture of you and Regina, in its new frame" he took it from my hands gently and stared at it.

"Th-Thanks." He said quietly, before putting it on his dresser. I stared at him and e slowly looked up.

"What?" he asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I just think smoking weed is gross" I say and he rolls his eyes.

"Whatever" He said and before I could say anything else. I heard Harry call me down the stairs. I looked at Michael before turning away.

Hey guys, Sorry this is short, this week has been rough.:/ -Sigh- I love you guys! I hope you enjoyed this. Don't be afraid to comment, like, follow me!