Chapter Thirty

Why was Michael in handcuffs? Why is he being taken away? Why did he say I'm sorry? I couldn't think straight. Something wasn't right. Damn it what did that idiot do now. Suddenly my thoughts were interrupted when another detective came up to me.

"Mr. Irwin?" She sternly asked and I stood up quickly.

"Y-Yes, I'm Ashton" I said quietly looking down the hall where Michael was dragged with the cop. Michael was so stupid, not really a surprise he got in trouble. She looked at me probably because I was moving all over the place trying to see where Michael was.

"Is something wrong?" She asked and I turned to her.

"Well I'm not sure. My boyfriend was just taken with a police officer and knowing him he probably just got himself in some deep trouble."

"He's probably just getting questioned I'm sure nothing is wrong, please follow me into the question room." She said and I let out a sigh.

"Yea okay" I said and followed with her. She looked over a sheet of paper before giving me a gentle stare.

"So it says you were physically assaulted by two men in the back of an abandoned building. I have a few questions concerning this." She said and I nodded.

"Okay so do you have any enemies? Anyone out to get you?" She asked and I swallowed, chills passed through my body. I don't know why but that just made me extremely uncomfortable.

"Well my mom's boyfriend hates me." I played with my thumbs and tried to avoid looking at her. She took a few notes.

"Was there any reason in particular that you were jumped maybe somehow engraved in the attack?" I stiffened up at her words.

"I'm done with this questioning" I said and she looked at me as I held back tears staring at the ground. She put down the clipboard and grabbed onto my hand.

"Ashton this is talking from Melissa, not a detective." She said quietly and I looked up at her, she smiled at me. "I know you're scared and you feel almost helpless to the person who did this to you and I know you are a caring person.. So if you do care like I think.. I'm suggesting you tell me as much as you can about your attack so we can find who did this to you" I took a deep breath before nodding.

"Yes there was a reason I was jumped.. at least I think.." I said a looked at my file again.

"Your back.." She started and I hesitated before nodding.

"The word fag.. I guess it's because I'm gay, maybe, but I'm not sure" she nodded and wrote down a few more notes.

"So you're dating Michael Clifford, correct?"

"Yes.. Correct"

She licked her lips and slid another folder across the table to me. "This is his criminal record Ashton" my stomach dropped as I looked at the folder. It was almost stuffed.

"W-What- why are you showing me this it doesn't have anything to do with the case.. So I don't want it." I pushed it back to her and she grabbed it, before opening it and placed a picture in front of me. I didn't want to look at it but soon my curiosity got the best of me and I looked down. It was Regina, she was beaten. She had black eyes, cut up face and a busted open lip.

"Th-That's Regina.. But why is her photo in Michael's file?" I asked and she placed another photo on the table... A mugshot.

"M-Michael? W-Why does he have a mugshot?" I asked and run my finger over the picture. He looked scary, almost a dangerous person, someone guilty of something. I looked up at her and she handed me another paper a police report.. Again of Michael. I read the incident "Teenage gang member" Gang member.. I pushed away the papers and took a deep breath of course I wanted to know more but I couldn't bare see what else he's done. I thought Michael told me everything. Why is this now happening how did this come up.

"Please let me go home so I can get my head off things I don't wanna be here right now" I said and she closed up she folder before standing up and walking out the door. After a few moments later she came back in and stared at me.

"Your boyfriend is released.. You may both leave" She smiled and held open the door I quickly stood up and left the room

"Great thanks" I mumbled and looked at Michael, he was in the same seat I was sitting in before. He held up his hands, which were connected by hand cuffs. The cop unlocked them and I walked away as Michael started to call my name, running after me. Rain fell over my head but I didn't care I'm so fucking done with this bullshit

"No no no no no Ashton wait!' He called and I continued walking a way ignoring his calls. I continued walking until finally he caught up to me, grabbing my arm.

"Get off of me!" I yelled and started hitting his arms. His voice shook as he talked to me and tears rushed to his eyes.

"Ashton what did they tell you?" He shakily asked me, holding my arm as I continued to struggle before breaking free. I pushed my now wet hair out my face and stared at him.

"In a gang Michael? What the fuck! I thought you told me everything and Regina? You told me she killed herself!"

"She did Ashton!"

"Stop fucking lying to me!"

"I'm only lying to protect you Ashton!"

"You know how much this hurts? I told you fucking everything. Things that were so hard for me to talk about I told you because I love you!.. Or at least I did."

"You did? No please Ashton don't do this please I need you, I'll tell you the truth, everything. I swear."

"It's too late.." I said quietly and he stared at me with tears down his cheeks "I don't think we should do this anymore."

"Ashton please don't leave me. Please I'm begging. I can't lose you." I took a deep breath and tried to hold back tears.

"I want the truth from you Michael" I said and he took deep breaths.

"A-Ashton.. I'm only trying to protect you" He said and I shook my head.

"We're through." I said and started to walk away again throwing the hood over my head as new tears started to fall from my eyes. I grabbed out my phone and started to call Cynthia's number. I'm done with this drama, I'm done with Michael, I'm done with this whole fucking band.

I KNOW YOU HATE ME GUYS I HATE ME TOO. OKAY. I'M GONNA GO BECAUSE I'M FUCKING CRYING. GOD DAMN IT. LOL I DON'T EVEN KNOW ANYMORE BUT DRAMA IS GOOD SO I'M LEAVING IT WITH THAT. LOVE YOU GUYS LIKE, COMMENT, SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FOLLOW ME ON HERE BYEE