Chapter Forty-Two

**Luke's P.O.V**

I stared at her frozen. I couldn't seem to move. To speak. Everything that's happened lately, I knew I had to tell her but I couldn't, I couldn't bring myself to do such a thing. It would kill her. She smiled at me, trying to help me calm down. Though, I could barely breathe or get into a state of thought without worry coming over me. She looked at me with a serious face and grabbed onto my hand.

"Luke what's wrong?" She asked soothingly and I rubbed onto her hand, looking into her eyes.

"Brianne I-" I started but couldn't find the words to finish. She was patient with me as I gathered myself. "I think we should see other people" I said hastily and she stared at me with a look of confusion.

"You're not being serious are you Lukey?" She asked and disappointment covered my face. I couldn't speak. Guilt formed all in my thoughts. She stood up, letting go of my hands and stared at the door.

"We- We had sex, you can't be serious. Please tell me you're not being serious" She said with hurt covering her face and tears forming in her eyes I stood up and went to her.

"Please Brianne let me explain why" I said and tried to grab on to her hands when she pulled away with a face of sadness.

"You used me for sex and now you're dumping me." She said. I couldn't breathe. Everything seemed to be happening so fast.

"Brianne I didn't use you it wasn't even my idea" I began raising my voice at her.

"Yet then you to still went along with it. It's been two fucking hours since it's happened. Was this your plan all along, have sex with me and then throw me out, is that what you planned Luke?" She screamed.

"No it wasn't! You know I could've flirted with every fucking girl if I really wanted to, but no I stayed faithful to you, you should understand I'm going through something right now and respect how I feel, not throw a fucking tantrum about it!" I went close to her face and she pushed me away from her forcefully.

"Get out of my face!" She yelled and suddenly it seemed like we both decided to calm down for a second. She waited a few moments before beginning to speak again, we collected ourselves, quietly.

"Luke why do you want to break up" she whispered calmly, taking a few shaky breaths. I couldn't even think straight at the moment as I listened to the silence in the room.

"I'd never hurt you Brianne. It was never my intention to hurt you or have sex with you and throw you away. Please understand that" I started and sat down on the bed.

"I like someone. Someone who's always been there for me when I couldn't see you. I discussed it with them and the feeling is mutual. Brianne I have always loved you with all my heart and I'm so sorry for everything I put you through" I said and she walked over slowly, taking a deep breath.

"I'm sorry too" she whispered and ran her hands through her red hair, wiping the tears from her cheek. "I remember when we were little... I thought you were just the dumb neighbor who was the only kid around for me to play with. Then you turned into that awkward teenager with acne, who I couldn't help but find extremely adorable."

"Really?" I asked chuckling slightly and she smiled at me.

"Honestly, yeah. I remember a promise we made each other. "No matter what things we go through, no matter the people we meet, we won't let nothing destroy our friendship" she said and I smiled. It was something we promised since day one and something we have yet to break.

"We didn't have the best grammar at the time" I laughed and she did as well. "Brianne you're truthfully are and always have been my best friend, I don't want this to ruin that" I whispered and she stared at me before slowly kissing my cheek and hugging me.

"It won't Luke. I promise." She whispered and a sudden relief came over me. Everything was sorted out and we ended on good terms, I guess Ashton was right about this. I held her in my arms and took slow breaths. She pulled away and smiled at me.

"So friends?" She asked and I nodded.

"Of course" I smiled and I looked around the room. She sat awkwardly, playing with the bed sheets as I stood up.

"Let's go out there, I don't think Ashton wants us in here for too long" I chuckled and she nodded standing up. We retreated back into the living room and Ashton stared at our every move as we made our way back to the couch. It was quiet and you could tell they all aware of the situation which had just occurred.

"So what you guys aren't dating anymore?" Harry asked and I shook my head awkwardly.

"Nope only friends." Brianne said and I looked at her, then at Ashton. He smiled at me a little. Michael threw his arm around Ashton's shoulder and I smiled at them. Yes, I did have a past crush on Ashton but I was happy for him and Michael. I can deny it as much I desire but Michael has only been getting better because of Ashton. He only smiles and laughs like he used to because of his amazing boyfriend's moral support.

"So you guys are alright, correct?" Ashton asked and suddenly a shirtless and tired looking Calum made his way into the room. I stared at him, his messy dark brown hair and eyes forcing themselves to stay open. Of course we weren't the only two in the room but my eyes were stuck on him, an attraction seemed to be placed upon me where I didn't want him to leave my vision.

"Morning boys" Calum said and I stared at him, admiring his shirtless and toned body. He was perfect. 

"M-Morning" I stammered as I watched him make his way to the kitchen. I watched him walk away with a look of delight. I stood up and gave them a crooked smile

"I'll be right back" I said and followed to Calum. He put some tea on the stove top and smiled cheekily at me. I smiled at him, politely.

"Someone woke up quite late today" I giggled and walked up to him as he leaned against the cabinets. 

"It's only two o'clock, I'm not up so late" He uttered with a witty smirk.

"C-Calum I broke up with Brianne" I spoke quietly and he became muffled, putting down his cup of tea and ruffled his hair, thinking for a moment.

"So what does that mean?" He asked and I blushed slightly.

"Would you wanna maybe go out with me?" I asked sheepishly and a small smile crossed his face, as we let out a soft breath.

"This isn't a joke is it Hemmings?" He asked and I shook my head slowly, awaiting his response. He leaned off the counter and grinned at me before nodding. "Yes Luke, I will go out with you" He said and joy filled within me. I smiled from ear to ear and clung onto him. He hugged back quickly before pushing me off of his body.

"Stop it Hemmings, you'll spill my tea!" He teased and I chortled slightly. 

"So sorry." I sarcastically responded and we smiled at each other. This day seemed to get better quite quickly as long as I had my new boy friend at my side.

ARE YOU GUYS HAPPY I UPDATED EXTREMELY EARLY?;) ANYWAYS THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE ALL MASHTON I PROMISE! HAHA I LOVE YOU GUYS, HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS. C: Please like, comment (I love comments c:) And check out my other fan fictions which all have up two chapters! <3 Thank youuuu  and stay fabulous c: