Niggas Got Feelings Too

"So, you really want to get a divorce huh?" Melrose looks at me with sad eyes.

"I don't know. I'm leaning towards yes cause now, I just don't know about you. I thought I had you figured out. I thought you were the good one out of us but now I questioning how many times you did cheat?" I say, still on some angry hulk shit.

"First time. I mean shit just happened. I know that sounds cliche but it truly didn't mean anything. Sure, she look good but I don't have a connection with her." Melrose tells me. "On the other hand, you and Majesty have more than a connection, y'all have kids and that just complicates shit even more."

"Tell me, how you gon give a bitch you barely know a place to stay?" I scrunch my face up, feeling hella annoyed.

"Yo, it's good karma. The place has been vacant for a month, so until it sells, it wouldn't hurt to help someone who's down on their luck. She ain't even trynna be a hoe. You shouldn't have fought her, she had no idea about you!" Melrose tells me.

"I don't give a fuck. Now she do! And whatchu mean she ain't trynna be a hoe!?" I argue.

"I'm just sayin man, she a young girl trynna live her dreams without getting caught up in that lifestyle.  You should know how is it when you just wanna live you dream and niggas be predators." Melrose explains.

"Nah, niggas were neva my predators. If anything, I was the predator and they were the prey. I had something they wanted and I upcharged for it!" I defend.

"So, in the process of you being the so called "Predator" , tell me how your ass got trapped? Yo ass ain't a predator. Desiree may be. She's the one trappin and robbin niggas." Melrose shakes her head.

"Fuck you. I could've had an abortion but I didn't want too. It was my choice which then again put my ass in charge! So anyways!" I swing my weave and begin to walk away.

"Look, I still love your crazy ass. I know we dysfunctional as shit but when we said those vows in Thailand a couple months ago, I meant that shit. Let's just take a break to see what we really want before we just decided to walk away. We went into this shit, both knowing that it wouldn't be perfect." Melrose grabs my arm, turning me to face her.

"Define break." I tell her.

"Like we both still live here and go about our daily lives but we ain't got no commitment to each other. We can both see who we want and do what we want. At anytime you can tell me if you ain't wanna be with me anymore and we can finalize that shit." Melrose explains.

"So basically, exercise our options to see what we really want and if we realize that's not what we really want, we try to fix us?" I ask.

"Yeah, like if we choose to stay together and work on us then we'll go to couple's counseling, church, or whatever else needed to make it work but we both gon have to want it." Melrose tells me with her hands tucked in her pockets.

"But meanwhile, if it's true that you fucked my bro raw. Ya ass needs to take some Plan B if you could even see a future with me cause hell no, I ain't down for you havin kids outside of our marriage." Melrose shakes her head.

"Aite. I'm gon get on it." I shrug as I head into the twins room.

I'm gon take the plan B pill, trust me. I ain't about to have anymore kids with Majesty stupid, dumb ol ass. Not after I caught him with La La and he told Melrose about us after he promised me he wouldn't but I'm gon make Melrose ass worry while we on this break. I'm gon show her ass why it was the worst decision to cheat on me. I'm gon show out and do whatever the fuck I want. I get dressed up real cute and get the twins ready to go to the park.