Rekindle & The Reup

Early the next morning I get a call from K-Dough's manager Dub saying that he saw me at the club last night and he needs me for his new artist's new video tonight. After I get all the details, I get up and get ready to head back to my place.

"Jade." Desiree holds my hand, half asleep.

"Yeah, I gotta get home." I say in very low tone, hoping that she thinks she's dreaming.

"You used me for sex, again." Desiree pouts and rolls over.

"No, I didn't Desi. You insisted and it was good but I gotta go now. I don't live here." I tell her while slipping on my heels.

"You can at least stay for breakfast." Desiree mumbles.

"I have a feeling breakfast on your terms ain't really edible

"I have a feeling breakfast on your terms ain't really edible. Anyways, I gotta go pick up my kids." I lie.

"You so busy with your new life, you forgot about me! You know the only reason that you ain't some motel rat is because of me, Jade!" Desiree barks with tears in her eyes.

"What do you want for me, Desi? I said thank you, I gave you double the money I got from Tevin when we were in Paris and last night I let you have your way with me. What's really the problem?" I ask.

"We use to be best bitches. We did everything together. Now you got this new life where you act like you too good for me, when we came from the same place and do the same thing." Desiree confesses.

"You see, you got it all wrong. We are very different but not in a bad way. I'm not as money, urm, motivated as you are so every single one of my intentions isn't about making money. I admit I like having sex a lot but with people I actually like and I like being in relationships. You don't like to date. You're all about money and I respect that to an extent but the only reason I ever went down the "Get It Girls" path is cause I had to, not because I wanted to." I explain

"I do want a relationship. I just rarely like anyone especially if they broke." Desiree says with a bitter look on her face.

"Well, this week we can find you someone and go on double dates, that way we can spend sometime together and find you someone." I suggest.

"Ok, I guess. I just wish things went back to how they use to be. When we were hoes together." Desiree frowns.

I laugh. "Yeah, sometimes I miss it too like the fun parts but we growin up quick and we both moms now so a lot has to change."

"No, not really. Maybe for you. I still have the same lifestyle. I'm thinkin bout givin Aaliyah back to her daddy! She costin me too much. That lil bitch was suppose to make me some money not cost me." Desiree rolls her eyes.

"Wow. I gotta go. I'll see you later, Devil, I mean Desi." I stick my tongue out at her before leaving.

Desiree is right, our lives really ain't that different except she gets paid for what she do and I don't. I'd probably be sittin on a million if I took this "Get It Girl" shit seriously. I'm really trying to rack up. A while ago, Young Cocaine told me about a agency that specifically hires video girls and the agency makes sure that they get their video vixens into the flyest videos, so that's where I'm headed right now.