You Only Live Once, Right?

Jade's POV:

All through breakfast Melrose hasn't brought up the idea of me being her surrogate again but has been being extremely attentive to Malaya and Jaden. I already knew she was good with kids and I'm not worried about whether she would be a good parent. I know she would but being pregnant is a serious thing and a 9 month commitment on my end. Commitment is hard for me in general but I feel like I owe Mel. She's the realest person and my life and has been down for me no matter how many times I was a hoe.

"Fine, I'll do it." I blurt.

Melrose hugs me so tight that she almost knocks me out of my chair.

"But you gotta take some time off of work to look after me for like the first few months." I tell her.

"Jade, I cannot wait. I am so excited!" Melrose picks me up out of my chair and squeezes me tightly.

"I know your birthday is coming up and I wanted to give you somethin really special so this is the one thing that I can think of that I know would definately make you happy." I express.

"Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I love Malaya and Jaden but sometimes I feel like an outsider cause they know you as mom and Majesty as dad but me as Mel. Now, me and you can have someone to share." Melrose tells me with her arms wrapped around my waist.

"Well, I know you'll be a good parent." I kiss her soft lips.

"I was doing some research last night and I found a really good clinic in NY not too far from my office, where we can go." Melrose tells me with a big grin.

I laugh. "What the fuck dude, who said I was even going to say yes?!"

"I knew you were, plus I kinda did some hypnosis while you were sleeping so that it would be on your mind when you woke up." Melrose laughs.

"You are the weirdest, I swear." I shake my head at her.

After Melrose makes an appointment for herself and I, she get's ready for work. Melrose looks so cute dressed in her little business suit today. She's going to represent Young Cocaine in court today for some drug charge. I wish her luck and kiss her goodbye. I shower, get dressed, then head out with the twins to run some errands.  

I'm at the shopping market loading up on some food like a fatty until I run into Lashawnda and Quamari

"Hey girl, how you been?" Lashawnda asks squeezing me.

"Real good and y'all?" I smile at her and Quamari.

"Girl, I don't even know. Me and Daquan havin mad problems and that nigga always late with the child support so I might have to start dancing." Lashawnda expresses.

"Well shit, I hope you at fuckin him if he ain't even able to support you." I tell her.

"Ah, hell no. The first time I gave that nigga pussy I got pregnant. It always seems like the brokest niggas are always the most fertile." Lashawnda laughs.