The Come Up

Jade's POV:

Melrose is getting on my last damn nerve but I can't let her mess up my money or my good time here in Miami. Plus, it ain't like I'm trynna fuck this nigga. I head to hair and makeup and to get ready. Before I know it, it's like deja vu. I'm the center of attention being followed around by cameras and being glorified. The way these camera men and King Louie feeding my ego is ridiculous cause nobody can't tell me I ain't the baddest bitch alive right now. After we finish shooting, I search for my wifey. I find Melrose sleeping near the film crew with my jacket tucked under her head. It breaks my heart that she still stayed to the point she got sleepy, all to support me.

"Baby, wake up. We're all done." I help Melrose up.

"You are?" Melrose says in a sleepy voice resting her head upon my shoulder.

"Yeah, we're headed back home but I'm going to pack our stuff cause we gotta leave in 4 hours to Brazil." I explain while leading her out to our car.

The driver drops us off and I'm having a hard time getting Melrose back up to the room. She ain't heavy or anything, she weighs less than me, however I'm wearing 5 inch heels and my balance isn't stable. Finally, I get her into our room and tuck her in. I begin packing our bags while she sleeps soundly. Around 2 AM, I climb in bed with her, wrapping my arms around her and dozing off. It hasn't even felt like I've been asleep for 10 minutes when my door is being knocked on by Capo. After he drops off our plane tickets I wake Melrose up to get ready. 

"I don't even remember coming here last night." Melrose tells me as she fixes her hair in the mirror.

" Melrose tells me as she fixes her hair in the mirror

"I know. You were out of it and I had to become superwoman and get you up here all by myself." I brag.

"All I remember is you being mean to me then falling asleep after eating all the food in your purse." Melrose tells me with a sad face.

"I'm sorry baby." I give Melrose a long hug. "You forgive me?"

"When we gon make love?" Melrose asks.

"Hopefully when we get to Brazil." I tell her.

"On a beach, under a palm tree, after drinking Margaritas?" Melrose implies.

"Yes!" I laugh. 

Our flight from Miami to Brazil seems to go by quickly because when I wake up, I still feel a bit tired but I know that this hard work is gonna pay off. When I finally check my phone it seems like I have a million messages from everybody I know, telling me they saw me in Jace's new video called "That Girl".