A Turn Of Events

Jade's POV:

Suddenly headlights shine upon us and Desiree is getting out the car.

"Desiree, help me!" I scream.

I am tackled to the floor and I'm being chocked. I reach for the mask and reveal Alize's angry eyes as they beam into my soul.

"Drop it!" Desiree yells.

Instantly, gunshots fire then I hear Alize screaming in pain, holding onto her bloody arm. Trey lies motionless near the staircase with a bullet hole in his chest. I look up at Desiree with wide, terrified eyes.

"Bitch, what the hell you doin in my house?!" Desiree says, holding a pink gun in her hand.

I hold my stomach feeling wheezing and begin to cry. I manage to pull out my phone and show her the texts sent from her phone to me.

"What the fuck you doin in my house Alize?!" Desiree barks as she notices Alize holding her arm, still crying.

"I should've of shot you in the pussy but it's dark and my aims a little rusty." Desiree says as she steps into Alize's blood with her expensive thigh high Chanel boots.

"Oh my God, Desiree call the police. He might be dead." I cry, staring at Treys frozen glance.

"Oh, he is. I shoot to kill. I told that nigga if he ever cheated on my ass, I'd kill him." Desiree reminds me. "And he did."

"And as for you." Desiree crouches down to face Alize. "You just got lucky!"

 Desiree dials the police numbers and puts on a scared panic voice that tells a tale of intruders in her house and her heroic fast acting to save her best friend. Before I know it, the channel 2 news is outside and Desiree is being honored and praised by the police for killing a known and wanted drug dealer, Trey Johnson. As for Alize, I am told that after she receives medical attention then she will be hauled of to jail. I am shaken up by the whole ordeal that Alize and Trey were going to try to kill me. After the commotion calms down and everyone leaves, Desiree struts back into the house and lights a blunt. I am wrapped up in a blanket, cooped up on the couch, with teary eyes, and a sour stomach.

 I am wrapped up in a blanket, cooped up on the couch, with teary eyes, and a sour stomach

"I went to do a shift at Honey's and I couldn't find my phone. That's when I panicked cause I knew while I was dancing, I might've missed a business opportunity, a new client, or anything so I came back home to retrieve it. Bitch, if I didn't, I wonder what they would've did to you Jade? I saved yo little life, I think I deserve some pussy." Desiree blows the smoke into the air, making a small puffy cloud.

I narrow my eyes at Desiree, shocked that she would suggest something like that after the traumatic events that just took place.

"Are you fucking serious, Desi? I almost died tonight!" I cry.

"Yeah, bitch but you didn't so let's celebrate!" Desiree heads to the cabinet and retrieves a huge bottle of Hennessy and sits on top of me so that we're facing one another.