3

I woke up today at three in the afternoon, I rarely wake up this late but yesterday was different. Speaking of yesterday.....

Devil

Who was that guy?

My parents were most likely at work so I had the apartment for myself and after staring at the sink for a solid five minutes, I realized how much free time I have before moving out, I also realized how boring my life is post high school. Maybe some of these stereotypes were right after all.

Why not go to the park?

Yes the park is a nice place to sit and think, of course I won't stumble upon a talking rabbit and fall down a hole that will lead me to Wonderland but I can still find something interesting there. After grabbing my keys and phone, I left my parents a note and walked to the park. I sat on a bench and started swinging my feet back and forth. How fun, I thought sarcastically.

I took out my phone and scrolled through my feed. Today is exceptionally boring but at least the game I'm playing was good enough to kill some time. It's one of those complicated mathematical quizzes which i enjoyed solving, players from different countries compete on breaking the highest score which is mine for mere seconds at least. Everytime I win the first rank some player called, Brainz001 crushes my score.

Almost seven pm. My stomach growled. Seems like I'm dining outside tonight. After walking to a pizzeria and spending a rough fifteen minutes to decide what to order even though I know I'll end up getting the usual, I sat down and enjoyed the nice hot pizza. By eight thirty five I was tired and ready to head home but I didn't want to walk all the way back to the apartment so I took the subway.

Another round of this trivia quizzes wont hurt anyone.

Brainz001 had already beaten my score.

Dammit.

It took a while before I reclaimed first place but that's when I finally noticed that the ride on the subway took longer than usual.

Oh boy.

I got off the second the train stopped and went outside the station where it was beginning to grow dark. The streets were still crowded but they weren't my streets. I don't know where I am exactly so I went to check the subway map. Great. Four stops away from home, it's okay I'll just wait for the next train to arrive except there are always service interruptions during the weekend let alone the clock approaching midnight. Waiting around won't help and I'm, most definitely, not going to sleep down here. I'll just stop a cab and go home.

Naturally I checked my pockets as I waved for the taxi. No cash.

"Umm hello sir I'm not carrying money with me right now but I'll pay you once we get to the apartment," I informed the driver.

"You're trying to fool me little girl? No ride for you," and he drove away. Great.

My anxiety levels began to rise and breathing was difficult. Come one Angelica you can't risk having an attack right now just calm down.

I pulled out my phone and called my mom's number. The line started beeping but suddenly it stopped.

"No,no,no,no!" I panicked.

I was out of battery. Just the cherry of my night! I checked my pockets for some spare cash so I could use the telephone booth but I was broke. If you're wondering I don't go out that much so being lost in the middle of what seems to be nowhere is really scary for me.

My head started to spin and my chest was hurting the noises from the cars and people weren't helping either. I was trying my best not to faint but the lack of oxygen made it hard to stay conscious I stumbled on my own feet and soon found myself in a place farther from the crowd which was a little quieter and had less people in it.

"Well look what do we have here," someone said from behind me.

I turned around to see a drunk man swinging from side to side.

"Are you lost beautiful?" he asked coming closer.

I turned on my heels and started running but I didn't get this far because another guy stopped me.

"Ah leave her alone, Cam," he said.

"Don't tell me what to do."

I turned again to run but I slipped over the water and landed on straight on my head, let's just say I'm a little clumsy these days. My vision began to blur and the my lungs were exhausted, my body felt stiff and the last thing I remember was the two men closing in on me before I blacked out.