40 Why So Soon?

Water. Clear blue water. This is what was surrounding us. Everything was so peaceful,so beautiful,so perfect.

Geneva,a city in Switzerland,is surrounded by the two mountains Alps and Jura and lies at the southern tip of Lake Geneva.

"Geneva is amazing!" I exclaimed,looking at the buildings and fountains that passed us.

Dylan and I were walking around the city and somehow ended on a cornish. It was a chilly morning but I had on a winter coat to keep me warming,keeping my bare hands in my pocket.

"There is more." Dylan smiled.

He turned me towards fancy looking handrails so my gaze could meet the blue masterpiece drawn by nature. I smiled at the water that had a smooth surface and small waves the buildings on the side hugged it making it all look like perfect puzzle pieces.

"Beautiful,huh?" he commented quietly from beside me.

"Yeah." I said with a smile still looking at the view.

"Well we're not done yet." Dylan said.

"There's more?"

He just nodded and took me by the hand.

"Come on."

We walked the cornish hand in hand. I felt nervous holding his hand,it was an action I wasn't used to but it made me smile inwardly because I was feeling his slightly cold hand against mine.

***

"We're going sailing?"

"Yup."

My heart beat started to increase slightly.

"What's wrong?" Dylan frowned.

"I'm ah a little scared."

"What?"

"I'm scared of sailing."

"You are? I thought you loved the water."

"Yes I love looking at it but not being in it. Besides,what if the boat sinks? We would drown."

Dylan laughed. "Don't worry,everything will be okay. The boat won't sink and if it did I will save you."

I hesitated a bit.

"Nothing will happen I promise." he added pulling out his hand for me to take.

I looked at it and then at his gray eyes.

"Okay." I took his hand and he pulled me to the boat.

We sailed for ten minutes until we were in the middle of the waters. I felt kind of scared but I kept looking over for Dylan everytime I felt so and he always offered my a reassuring smile.

I sat at the end of the boat and looked over to the cite breathing in the fresh air and feeling the cold breeze as it hit my face.

He kissed my cheek making move a little to the side as I smiled before he said beside me.
"Thank you." I said resting my head on his shoulder as he hugged me.

"For what?"

"For bring me here and for this amazing vacation."

"I'm the one who should say thank you."

"Why?"

"For argreeing to come with me on this vacation."

I removed my head to look at him and he did the same.

Dylan smiled before planting a small kiss on my lips.

***

"Here you go." Dylan handed me a mug full of hot chocolate and sat beside me on couch.

"Thank you." I said taking the mug.

We sat in peace sipping quietly our hot chocolate while watching a movie.

After the movie ended I headed to the bedroom to get some sleep while Dylan decided to stay downstairs a little longer.

***

Three days had passed and things were going great between Dylan and I. Everyday we visited a new place and tried new food,everything was just perfect. I got to know Dylan more and I fell in love with every new thing I discover in him.

"You're still in bed?" Dylan smiled crossing his eyebrows.
"Yeah I'm feeling a little bit lazy today." I said looking up at him from the book I was reading.

It was almost eleven o'clock and I was still in my pyjamas. I only got out of bed to wash my face and brush my teeth.

"What are you reading?" Dylan put his head on my streched legs.

"Emma." I kept my focus on the book.

"I read this book before,it's amazing."

"You like to read?"

"Sometimes,but it's not my best hobby."

"I love reading,but I think that's enough for today." I streched my arms and placed the book aside,then I rubbed my face and eyes. I've been reading for almost three hours.

I ran my fingers through Dylan's dark blonde hair.

"When are we going back to LA?" I asked.

"Why? You don't like it here?" Dylan asked worried.

"No,it's just that we can't stay here forever. We have lives we have to return to."

Dylan sighed. "I know." he got up. "If you want we can return tomorrow."

I smiled. "Okay."

I phoned Claire later in the afternoon and told her that we're coming back tomorrow.

"Why so soon?" she asked.

"I think it's better not to stay longer. I love it here but I have to return to my job and there's you and Adam I can't just stay here for a long time."

"Oh come on,you're on vacation with your boss and Adam and I are just fine."

"No,I'm not comfortable with the idea."

"Fine,I'm not gonna push it."

"See you tomorrow,then."

"Okay bye."

"Bye."

I hung up and went to pack my bag for tomorrow.