55 The Best Memories

"Did you talk to Dylan?" Claire asked.

"No." I answered.

"Did he call?"

"No."

"I'm sorry that you fought."

"Claire it's okay,it would have happened sooner or later."

"But still-"

"Just drop it,we're going to Chicago to have fun and loosen up a bit."

"And to tell your parents about your engagement." she reminded.

I let out a snort. "Yeah an engagement without a fiancé."

"Ang,don't be like that."

"Whatever." I muttered as I made a turn. It's almost three thirty,Claire,Adam,and I are currently in the car driving to the airport. Adam had fallen asleep in the backseat and Claire was still apologizing because she thinks it's her fault that Dylan and I fought because she pushed me to ask him to go with us but it's not her fault. I'm not even mad at her.

Dylan and I had avoided each other all week long. We didn't talk or interact in any other way.

We arrived at the airport,after sometime. All the necessary stuff were done and soon we were on the plane flying to Chicago.

***

"Angy!" Mom hugged as she saw me.

"Mom I told you don't have to pick us up." I hugged her back tightly. I missed her so much.

"Nonsense,we're your parents of course we'll pick our daughter from the airport."

I chuckled and hugged her again. "I missed you so much."
"I missed you too!"

When we pulled away she turned to Claire. "Claire! How are you!" and she hugged her while I went to hug dad.

"Hey baby girl," he hugged me. "How are you?"

"I'm fine,you?"

"Good,I missed you."

"Same here dad."

"Claire,come here." he turned to her.

"Hey Frank," she hugged him. "Ooo not too tight." she winced in pain probably because he placed pressure on her ribs while hugging her.

"Why what's wrong?" concered mom asked.

"Long story." Claire answered. They greeted Adam with kisses and hugs and then we went piled in their car and drove back to the apartment where I used to live before heading out to college.

"Claire honey," mom spoke. "Your parents are going to meet us in the apartment."

"We're going to see grandma and grandpa?" Adam asked cheerfully.

"Yup." Claire answered happily.

"Do you think she'll give me the yummy candy she always has?"

"I'm sure she will."

We finally arrived to the apartment.

"All inside." dad said,he was holding our bags,although we could've managed.

"Thanks for carrying our bags dad." I said.

"Well you haven't changed."

I chuckled at his comment. Claire and I took all the bags to my room,that we'll share.

My room didn't change,everything was still in place since my last vist. I took a look around,coming back to it always gets me emotional. The pictures of my family and friends were still on my wall and in frames,my old books on my desk,my stuffed animals I grew up with,everything. I opened the closet that was once filled with all of my clothes and started unpacking. This room holds so many memories,the whole apartment does really. I walked my first steps here,celebrated my first birthday,cried,laughed,and received my scholarship here.