57 Why To Care Anymore?

"Can you please tell me where are you we going?" he asked.

"If I told you,I would ruin the surprise." I answered fairly.

"Can't you give me a hint,at least?"

"We're almost there."

Dylan and I were in my dad's car. I talked to Dylan early in the morning that I will be taking him somewhere. He kept asking me where but I refused to talk so I don't ruin the surprise,I've been driving since seven am and it's currently it's nine am. I'm a bit tired but we are almost there.

Fifteen minutes later I parked outside a building.

"We're here." I told him happily and got out if the car quickly.

"Where are we?" Dylan asked, looking at the building once he was outside.

I scanned through the names of the people who are renting apartments and my lips lifted up when I saw a particular name.

"Come take a look." I pointed to where I was reading. He looked at me with arched eyebrow before doing what I told him to. I stood beside him and once I saw the reaction on his face a let out,"Surprise!" but he didn't react he just kept looking at the name with pale face.

"Dylan?" I asked a little worried.

"I told you not to bring up the subject anymore,Angelica." his tone was montone.

"Aren't you happy?"

"I asked you not to bring up the subject anymore." he repeated this time through clenched teeth.

"I'm sorry,I just thought this would make you happy since they-" but before I could finish my sentence he began walking away. He was walking fast so I had to increase my speed to keep up with his pace.

"Dylan! Dylan! Wait! Dylan hold on!" I reached out and held his hand and with great force he turned to face me.

"What?!" his eyes were furious.

"I thought bringing you here will make you happy-"

"No! It's doesn't make me happy,Angela! It makes me mad! I can't believe you would do such thing without even asking me first!" Dylan yelled at me.

"I was just trying to help!" I defended.

"Here we go again," he turned around through his hands in the air,frustrated. "You are never gonna learn,won't you?!" he turned again and yelled angerier than he was before. There were some people on the street that looked at us.

"Dylan you are causing a scene,let's not discuss this right here." I said trying to calm him down.

"Causing a scene?!" he chuckled bitterly. "What did you expect me to do?! Be happy and start jumping up and down full of joy because my fiancé can't keep her nose to herself?!" he asked sarcastically.

"I was trying to make you happy!"

"How?! By taking me to the place where my brother lives and telling me to go and meet him,after what?! Eleven years?! Are you drunk or something?!"

"He's your family! Don't you want to know what happened to him?! If he wants helps?! If he needs you?!" I yelled.

"That doesn't concern you! Understand it already!" Dylan yelled back.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW SELFISH YOU ARE! YOU WALKED OUT ON YOUR FAMILY ELEVEN YEARS AGO AND NOW THAT YOU FOUND THEM YOU DON'T WANT TO MEET THEM?! THEY WENT THROUGH HELL FOR YOU!"

"AND HOW WOULD YOU KNOW THAT?! STUFF LIKE THAT DON'T HAPPEN IN RAINBOW LAND!"

"AGH! WHAT DOES THIS HAS TO DO WITH WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT?! AND STOP THAT CRAP! YOU KNOW WHAT I WENT THROUGH AND HOW HARD IT WAS! YOU KNOW WHAT MY LIFE USED TO BE MORE THAN ANYONE!" my face was all red because of shouting.

"Listen Angela," he lowered his voice and came close to me while still sounding angry. "I know what your life was like but you don't see me around trying to bring justice and fix every problem that you did in the past!"

"Yeah it's because you don't even care." I looked away angrily.

"No it's because I respect your privacy! I know how much it hurts to bring back your past and open wounds trying years to heal!"

I looked at him speechless.

"Stop trying to fix me,not all of us are perfect like you,so stop trying to make us."

"Nobody's perfect."

"Oh so you know that,great,then please and kindly keep your nose out of my fucking past and stop trying to make me happy." Dylan spatted quietly and then turned around and walked away.

"Where are you going?!" I yelled,with my arms opened,so he can hear me.

"None of your damn business!" he answered.

I groaned in frustration and then stomped to the car and drove back to the apartment.

***

"Hey,honey." mom greeted as I passed her by. "What's wrong?" I didn't answer and continued walking to my room.
I opened the door and Claire was inside. "Hey." she said but when she saw me she turned around from the mirror. "Ang,what's wrong?"

"Nothing,I just want to be alone." I muttered quietly trying to sound calm as I removed the sheets so I can sleep.

"Well,where's Dylan?"

"Don't know,don't care." I replied bitterly and sat on the bed covering my head with the sheets.

There was silence and then she left. I can't believe him,I spend two weeks searching and contacting people so I can his family and finally tracked down his brother.

I was so mad and him,at myself,at everything. I wish I never met him,I wish I never up,or even was born.

I wiped the tears off my face and stood striaght. I came here to see my parents and I've already wasted half of the last day I get to spend with them. That's it why should even care about fighting with him.

I walked out of the room and went over to the kitchen where mom and Claire were sitting while Adam was in the living room watching cartoon.

"Hey honey,is everything alright?" mom asked concerned.

"Yeah,yeah I'm totally fine." I replied.

"Is everything alright with Dylan?" Claire asked.

"Why do we need to care about this,right now? It's the last day I'm spending with my parents,I have no time for this crap."

"Want some tea to help you relax?" mom held out her steamy mug.

"Thanks," I smiled and brought it to my nose but once I smelled it I quickly reacted. "Ew this smells horrible,I hate it." and then I threw it on the sink and it broke to tiny pieces letting the drink spill everywhere.

Claire and mom looked at the mess I've caused,shocked. I was so mad but breaking the mug made me feel a bit relaxed but the feeling didn't last long,since anger took over my body again.

"Sorry mom." I mumbled.

"It's okay." she was still looking at the broken glass.

"I'll clean this." I said and went to get the cleaning supplies.

"No,this can wait," mom stood in my way. "You're obvious nervous,I know the perfect place to relax. Come on you two."

She held the car keys and headed outside the kitchen as Claire and I followed her.

Dad came into view.

"Frank,perfect timing," mom spoke to him. "The girls and I are going out for sometime. Please take care of Adam while we're gone. Oh and there's some...spilled tea in the kitchen. Can you please clean that?"

"Sure honey,have fun." he pecked her lips.

"Bye!" she cheered before we headed outside. I wonder where she'll take us.