28

"From now and on Dylan no longer exists," the old man said, "You are now Lewis Hunter."

"That's a stupid name," I argued.

"Suck it up buttercup because that's the only name you'll get."

"Ideal."

"You're gonna talk like Hunter, live like Hunter, act like Hunter and be Hunter."

"Aaron this is fucking stupid," I said and stood up in frustration, "I won't be able to pull this off."

"Listen to me, the hard part is over. You're doing great so far so don't give up, if you want Angela then you have to do as I tell you."

Dammit that girl is going to be the death of me. It's been almost two years since I last saw her and I still can't get her out of my head, she's haunting my thoughts and I fell for her like a sucker. I can't believe I opened up for her that easily, what a fucking idiot.

"The gang knows what I look like and I'm pretty sure my face will be all over the Internet in no time."

"Ever heard of a disguise?"

"You're joking, right?"

"Hear me out kiddo, we'll keep it simple. A pair of sunglasses and a beard."

"Yeah they will definetly recognize me the second they see a picture of Lewis Hunter."

"Dylan I know what I'm doing, just trust me. I already have your fake ID and papers ready and you're going to stay under the radar. Business men are usually boring and they don't get a lot of recognition in the media unless theyre controvertial or charitable and you will be neither of these two. You'll just make money and attend parties. You're gonna be important but you wont be famous."

"Yeah but the disguse wont make the cut."

"Throw in a hat, a scarf and a sad story. You could be ill or something or maybe suffer from germaphobia. I dont know but we'll figure it out, you'll be fine as lomg as you avoid the cameras. The press womt give two damns about a single sixty sometiong year old man."

"I hope so."

"Just trust me and everything will be okay."

"And what about kermet and the gang?"

"Someone is taking care of this."

"What?! You told someone about kermet?!"

"Relax shes an old friend, I trust her with my life."

"And that friend is?"

"Irene Thompson."

"And who the hell is that?"

"Shes a retired judge."

"Great, a fucking judge."

"For gods sake Dylan, shes trustworthy and I explained the situation to her. Shes not a rat and we need her to put these guys in prison. Shes knows how fhe system works."

I scartched my face and sighed. "Okay i trust you and this Irene character but we cant get anyone else involved, the bigger the circle the risker things are gonna be."

"Dont worry about it kiddo, I made you a promise the other day and i will follow through it no matter what."

I nodded my head and silently prayed for our little scheme will work.

****

I kept tossing and turning in bed, tomorrow is going to be life changing and I'm finally living this town. I felt like the shadows are closing in on me and the room was getting darker by the second but her eyes were always bright and smiling down on me. Someday we will be together angel but right now I have to make things right. I need to clean up the mistakes I've done in the past.

I stared at the ceiling and sighed. "What have I let myself become?" I tried to shake off these thoughts and focus on the tomorrow. The hard part is already over, I have their secrets and I know how they get the job done it's only a matter of time before we finish them.