12

Our guests started to arrive and soon the whole place was packed. Claire and I were busy running around with all the food and drinks all while trying to welcome our friends and family and have a good time.

Everyone was smiling and dancing including me until I heard Claire's voice calling me from the bedroom.

"You okay?" I asked the moment I entered her room.

"I feel like my head is going to explode and I'm very nauseous."

"Where do you keep your medicine?"

"I don't have any."

"Any prescriptions?"

"None."

"Stay here while I run to the pharmacy to get you something for the headache."

"What about the party?"

"Don't worry I got it."

I made my way back to the living room where people were still dancing and asked Zack to take care of everything while I'm gone.

It was getting late so the street was quieter and less crowdy. Now let me tell you something, even though the pharmacy is a few blocks away, speed walking in those heels is hectic. Never underestimate the power of the female calf and toes. After buying the pills, I was heading back to the apartment when I heard moans coming from an alley, my first instinct was to follow that sound; maybe someone is hurt? Or lost like I was?

Pow.

A single shot in the head and it was enough to kill this buff. The silencer muffed the sound and I watched him as he collapsed on the ground and then three men disposed his body in the car's trunk. The death was fast and swift. "Killed by professionals", I thought. Or at least someone who knows how to operate a gun. My body began heating up and I was fighting for my breath, could it be? Of course I know what I saw and I sure won't stay silent.

I got out the alley and quickly changed my direction to then police department, I was paranoid that someone was following me so I kept turning around every now and then but no one was there. A wave of relief would wash over me when I saw random faces walking on the same street as I am, no one would try to kill a person in this setting, they would have to deal with too many witnesses. After a rough thirty minute walk my feet were burning and my lungs were giving out, too much anxiety for my asthma and I don't have my inhaler with me. I need to keep walking, this is a homicide that needs to be reported. I can see it, I can see the PD right in front of me but as I was crossing the street I felt a hand gripping my forearm. I let down my gaurd faster than I should have.

"A little over dressed for the night, no?" he kept his voice low and spoke with a smile.

"I don't think this should be one of your concerns right now," I said threatingly.

"Walk away Angela, don't be stupid you know you won't go too far with this."

"You will not enjoy this victory."

And this point, Dylan was pinning me down and standing too close to me, with him towering over my I could barely see the police station anymore.

"Your imagination is playing tricks on you, what you saw there was not real."

"Don't play these games with me Dylan and let me go," I hissed trying to free my hand from his grip but he only squeezed it harder.

My heartbeats increased when I felt the cold metal pressing on my stomach, I looked down and almost stopped breathing when I saw the gun in his hand. I looked at his eyes but they were indifferent. Does he have the power to pull the trigger? But he did single handedly kill that man not five minutes ago, what's so special about me?