Sneak Peak

Chapter 1

Madness comes in waves, I strike like a tsunami.

They say water is the source of all life, that we crawled out of the water, and that we need it to survive. But after enough water drops, the stone will eventually crack, the iron will eventually rust and the bucket will eventually overspill. And that's what I did; I overspilled until I drowned the people I loved and flooded the paradise I created.
So what am I left with? Water? Ironically, that is life itself; I am left with a life so lifeless and I too drowned in the same river I cried.

"We broke up a week ago," I say while grabbing a handful of grass.

"Well damn, do you need a tissue for the tears?" Cain said before throwing a flower he was twirling between his thumb and index then turned to look at me. "What's with the deadpan delivery?"

"You think I will sulk over a guy I dated for two months and barely hung out with? It took me one skincare routine and a weekend to get over him."

"Does that mean I can shoot my shot now?"

I rolled over my stomach and stretched my body on the grass while my legs swayed in the air, "Go ahead, charm me."

Cain dusted off his palms and laid on his back, tilting his head to the side so he can look at my face that was now hovering over his. I lifted myself slightly and rested my weight on my elbows so I can shade him. His thumb rubbed my cheek and his eyes dropped to meet my lips. The skin contact sent a rush down my body. "Say my name Morana," he said quietly while staring deep into my eyes.

"Cain," I whispered.

"Now do you want to hear what it sounds like when you moan it?"

....

If you want to know what happens next, go to my profile and read my new book "Balanced Treachery: the alliance of traitors." Make sure to add the book to your library to stay tuned on all the new updates!