49 Second Chances

"The Caring Hands Hostpital." he answered.

"You're kidding,right?" Dylan asked.

"No,why?" Luca frowned.

"I just don't want you in my life anymore." he answered harshly.

Luca was taken back by what Dylan said.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that I don't want you or any of the others that were in the gang to be near me or to be a part of my life again."

"I don't get it Dylan,why are you talking like this? Why don't you want me in your life?"

"Because having people from the gang in my life was a mistake,and I don't like making the same mistake twice." Dylan's answer were really mean,and I've never heard him talk in this way before.

Luca stared at Dylan for a long time before he spoke again.

"Okay then I guess I should get back to work again," Luca said and turned to leave with the cart but he stopped and spoke with his back facing us. " I'm so glad that you're not dead Dylan...life gets boring and lonely without people like you that's what I thought at least." And with that he left.

"I brought the clothes for you." Dylan said after a while.

"Thanks." I answered unsure of what had just happened.

Claire asked later when we were alone in the room if I knew Luca but I only answered with meeting him by accident. I wanted to tell her how we really met but something stopped me;he's trying to start a new life. I know how hard to it is to find a job getting him a bad reputation is going to make it even harder,besides getting Luca kicked out of work will make him go back to his old way,so he can get some cash and I don't want that to happen. He was good enough to leave the gang like Dylan.

After a long day in the hospital with Claire I returned to the hotel with Dylan. Once there,I took a shower and wore my pyjamas,when I was done,Dylan went to take a shower.

I was sitting on the bed under the sheets,when he entered only wearing trousers and rubbing his hair with a towel. My face turned tomato red as Dylan walked and knelt down to his bag to take a shirt so he can wear. I tried to look away from his abs as he wore his clothes.

"So umm," I cleared my throat and looked to my left at the window that overlooked the lit city and it's buildings. "Do you think Luca was telling the truth about leaving the gang and changing?"

"I don't know honestly,his story seemed beliveable but I just don't find it comfortable to be around him,especially you. But whatever his story was,I don't care about him." Dylan came to sit beside me on the bed.

"Maybe he has changed,I mean he did leave the gang and worked hard to get a job."

"True,but still. He did nasty things in the past,I just don't like him around. I don't even want him or anybody from them in my life."

"I don't get it,Luca said you were best friends but you seem to hate him."

"I don't hate him Angela,it's just...I..." he inhaled and exhaled. "I left the gang because they were bad. They were monsters,doing things that are inhuman,destroying lives,killing souls,and I didn't want to take a part of that. I wanted to be good and good enough for...you. I had a reason I know I had changed because of you and I would never do anything like that ever again. But Luca what guarantees us that he did the same?"

"But he left the gang Dylan."

"What if he's lying?"

"Why would he?"

"I don't know. They're twisted people,God knows what they're planning."

"Everybody deserves a second chance."

"Not one of them."

"You were one of them...and I gave you a second chance." I mentioned quietly while Dylan looked at me. "I know you don't want the gang a part of your life and you're scared that somethint happens to me but Luca is...he's different he left them,just like you did. It's not important for what reason he left,the important thing is that he did."

"Why are you defending him? You know what he used to do!"
"I know,and I haven't forgotten,but he deserves a second chance like everyone else. I'm not saying you should go up to him and act as if nothing happened,I'm saying that you should give him a second chance. Someone's past mistakes do not not define them. He doesn't want to live in the way he was living,that's why he left."

"But..."

"You were best friends,I can tell how much you two liked each other. If your friendship means anything you,give it a chance." This seemed to silence Dylan and got him thinking.

"Luca was the only one,who stuck up for me back then and covered for me,when I did something that would get me in trouble." Dylan spoke to himself more than me.

"I don't want you to take a decision and later come to regret." I rubbed his arm.

Dylan sighed. "I don't know how you do it,but somehow you always manage to get me to change my mind,I'll give him a second chance. But if he messed it up,I'll personally put his ass in jail."

"Okay." I smiled and then hugged him.

"So Luca will be working for Claire," Dylan thought loudly. "Do you think I can get her to poison him so I can see what happens to the human body if a snake bit it."

"Dylan!"

"It's only in the name of science!"

I rolled my eyes and laid in bed, my back facing him.

"You're evil,you know that?" I said. He chuckled and hugged my waist then kissed my cheek.

"Good night,angel."

"Night,devil."

____________________________________

Special Shout-Out to: MonikaNaumova

Thank you so much for voting on my book!!