4

"Look she's waking up," a voice said.

"What do we do?" another spoke.

"I don't know," and another.

My eyes slowly opened and I had to blink twice before my vision adjusted to its new surroundings, the sharp pain in my head made me wince when I finally sat up. The scent of alcohol was the first thing that filled my nostrils as I slowly rose from the bed. I moaned in pain while the two men watched me closely from across the room. Wait- why is my shoulder burning? Ah great, my left hand was cuffed to the bed's rails.

"Rise and shine beautiful," one of them said.

"Let me go!" I pulled my cuffed hand back and forth but that only caused more pain.

"Wow we won't hurt you," the dark skinned man said.

I knew they were lying they all say this before they-

"HELP! FIRE! FIRE!" I started shouting before continuing my own thoughts.

"Hey, hey, hey. Stop shouting!" the dark man said.

"HELP!" I proceeded.

The other guy covered my mouth with his hand.

"One more sound and I'll rip out your tongue out. Understand?" he threatened.

I nodded my head slowly under his hand as the tears began to form in my eyes.

"Good," he said and let go of me.

"What do you want from me?" at this point I was trying my hardest not to cry.

"You passed out yesterday so we brought you here. Sleeping out in the streets is dangerous," the black man explained.

"And do you expect me to feel safe here with two complete strangers?"

"No we.... well...." he said scratching the back of his neck.

I opened my mouth to scream then I remembered the other man's threat so I decided it's best to stay silent and do whatever they tell me to.

"My name is Luca," the black man started, "And this is Cameron."

I tried to memorize their faces in case I had to identify them later, Luca had black hair and brown eyes while Cameron had green eyes and brown hair. They looked my age maybe a few years older.

"Can I leave?" I asked them, bluntly.

"No," Cameron answered.

"But I want to leave," I protested.

"Do you know how to shut up or do I teach you myself?" he asked.

I didn't answer.

"That's what I thought."

"So what will we do with her?" Luca asked.

"I don't know we'll wait until he comes and then decide."

"Bruh we should've left her alone last night. I told you this was a bad idea."

"Shut up Luca, when did you become a soft wussy?"

The thought of having my freedom taken away like that made me weaker and more frustrated, I didn't realize I was silently crying until my voice broke when I spoke again,"How long are you going to keeping me?"

"As long as we please," Cameron answered and then he openned a bottle of beer so casually that it made me sick, "Do you want some?"

"Please let me go," I begged helplessly.