16

I was checking my emails while Nate was beside me crunching his cereal.

"Well I'm off to work," Claire said as she checked her handbag, "Bye guys."

"Bye," Nathan and I said without looking up.

"Are you working on a new case?"

"No I'm just checking my email, I think I'm going to take a break."

"Heroes don't rest."

"A hero? That's an overstatement," I said as I sipped my tea.

"Maybe," he said before drinking the rest of his milk, "I'm going to play video games at Emmett's place."

"Be safe, pal."

****

"Angelica Morr speaking," I answered holding the phone up to my ear.

"Ah Miss Morr! I've been trying to get a hold of you," a man said with a British accent.

"I'm sorry who is this?"

"Lewis Hunter."

Lewis Hunter? Where have I heard that name before?

I opened my laptop and typed his name in the search engine.

"And what may I help you with?" I asked as I waited for the page to load.

"I'm looking for a sharp lawyer and I think you might be the one!"

The page finally opened,

Lewis Allan Hunter, 62, English multimillionaire, founder and CEO of K&S Co.....

That rings a bell. I scrolled down find a photo of a man with thick gray beard and huge black sunglasses.

Ah the camera shy multi millionaire! I've heard about this man before, he has never taken off his glasses before due to severe eye damage and he likes to stay under the radar. People say he is very cautious when it comes to his privacy and very insecure when it comes to his looks that's why he keeps his face hidden under huge glasses  and a scarf.

"Well I appreciate the compliment Mr Hunter but I'm not taking any cases at the current moment."

"Oh no no no Miss Morr! I don't want a trail lawyer, I want a business lawyer."

"A business lawyer?"

"Yes, someone I can trust with legal counselling and business advice. You see I need someone to go over my company's contracts, taxation and whatnot."

"I don't think I'm fit for such a job Mr Hunter."

"On the contrary! I believe you're perfect Miss Morr!"

"I'm never worked as a corporate lawyer before and I don't have the right qualifications."

"Please Miss Morr, I know you're the right lawyer to hire, you're simply brilliant and my offer is quite tempting."

"I apologize Mr Hunter but I have to decline." Why is he so persistent?

"Can we discuss this face to face? Just hear my offer before turning it down!"

"I know other business attorneys whom are just ares good as me, even better. I can send you their email addresses."

"Miss Morr please, I went through a lot of trouble to get your phone number and I flew here just to meet up with you, don't turn me down."