56 Introducing

I came back to the table my family were sitting on,this time with Dylan.

"Everyone," I spoke to gain their attention and when they all looked at me and Dylan who was standing beside me. "I have an important thing to tell you."

"Dylan!" Adam cheered once he saw him.

They were all silent waiting for me to continue.

"I fell in love with someone a few years back,seven years to be exact but after I went to uni I lost connection with him and now and after seven years he came back for me. We dated for a couple of months and well he proposed two weeks ago and I said yes,and now we're engaged." I looked at them,Claire and mom were smiling happily. Claire's parents congratulate me and dad was just staring at me.

"And this is my fiancé,Dylan." I stepped aside so they can take a good look at him.

"Hello everyone,very nice to meet you." Dylan smiled politely.

"Very nice to meet you to Dylan," mom smiled at him and extanded her arm towards him. "I'm Lauren,Angy's mom and this is my husband,Frank."

"Hello Mr and Mrs Morr." he shook both their hands.

"You can call me Lauren."

Dylan smiled at her.

"Are you going to join us for lunch?"

"Yes." I answered.

We all sat around and our meal was served.

"So Dylan what's your job?" dad asked.

"I'm a CEO back in LA."

"And did you inherit the company from your father or family."

"No sir,I founded it on my own."

Dad just raised an eyebrow and nodded his head slowly. After lunch we all returned to the apartment. My family took the time to get to know Dylan mom seemed like she liked him as for dad we was a little stiff with him. When it got darker,Dylan excused himself because he was leaving. Turns out he's stayiny in a hotel a little far from here.

"It was pleasure meeting you,I'll go now." Dylan said.

"Same here." mom answered.

"Bye Dylan." Adam stood beside him.

"Bye little man," Dylan picked him up and whispered something in his ear.

"Yes sir!" Adam exclaimed.

"What did you tell him?" I asked suspiciously.

"Nothing special."

I raised an eyebrow at him as he kissed me on the forehead. "I'll see you tomorrow."

I blushed hard since he kissed me infront of everyone.

"Goodnight everybody." he said to everyone and they replied I was going to lead him outside but dad offered to do so.

I went to sit on the couch with mom and Claire who were watching TV.

"Seems like a good kisser." mom mentioned and my face turned red.

"Oh you haven't seen anything yet." Claire added.

"Claire! There is a kid present!"

"Oh relax we're just joking." she chuckled.

"Look at her face," mom pointed out and they started laughing. "But honey,Dylan looks like a good guy and I'm so happy for you two. I can see that you two are crazy inlove."

I smiled widely. Dad returned a while later.

We looked at him as he came and hugged me,I hugged him back,confused.

"My baby girl is growing to be a fine lady and I'm so proud of her." he spoke proudly though there was a hint of sadness in his eyes. "Dylan is a nice man and I'm sure he'll make you happy."

"Dad." I hugged him back swallowing the lump that was building inside my throat.

I went to my room after the news had ended and opened my laptop to do some search. Claire came in with Adam to sleep.

It was almost two o'clock and my eyes were stinging with pain because of staying up but I finally read something that made me smile from ear to ear.

Finally. I thought.

I closed my laptop and went to sleep.