26

"Seems like you currently have mild persistent asthma," the doctor said and went to sit down. I suffered from moderate persistent asthma during my early teens but it later waned to mild persistent asthma as I got older and by the end of my twenties it was mild intermittent asthma but lately I've been experiencing difficulty in breathing and chest pains so I suspected a sudden development in my condition.

"I'm going to prescribe a stronger drug for you," she said and began to scribble down the medicine's name, "We're going monitor your asthma and hopefully it won't move up to a more advanced stage."

"Thank you doc," I said as I folded the paper she gave me. As I headed outside the hospital my phone began to ring.

"Hello is this Angelica Morr?" a man said.

"Yes."

"This is Gilbert, do you remember me?"

"Ah yes hello Gilbert, how are you?"

"I'm great anyway I'm calling because I have news for you."

"About?"

"Smith Miller."

I stopped dead in my tracks when I heard the name. "Can you email them to me?"

"Of course don't worry about it."

"Thank you so much Gilbert, I owe you one."

****

.... Smith Miller represents 13% of the company's shares.

I've read this company's name a couple of times in his file, according to my personal analysis this company is running suspicious business that might involve money laundering.

"And Miller must have a take in it after all the numbers of his total net worth don't add up," I thought, "So much for being an honest judge."

..... rumors about allegedly being bribed.

"That I'm sure about."

The phone began to ring beside me as I was reading, I saw that the caller was mister Hunter so I had to close the tab and answer.

"Hello sir," I said

"Miss Morr I'm hosting a small dinner party at my house on Sunday and you are invited."

"I thought you didn't like these things," I smiled.

"Oh I don't! But this one is a small gathering of all my close friends."

"I see, what time is the party?"

"It starts at eight sharp. You can bring a plus one."

"Got it. I'll see you on Sunday then."

"Hopefully."

As I was hanging up Claire walked into my office.

"We have a party on Sunday," I said before she opened her mouth to talk.

****

"Why did I let you drag me into this?" Claire said from the passenger seat.

"You'll have a great time," I said as I kept my eyes on the road. We were currently driving to Hunter's house and for some reason I am a bit nervous.

"Oh I'm sure of it," she said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and made a turn. We're here. The gates automatically opened when I said my name through the intercom, I parked the car and we walked towards the mansion. Mr Hunter swang the door open with a huge smile on his face.

"Miss Morr!" he welcomed warmly, "Oh and the lovely Claire White! Please come in!"

"You have a beautiful house," I said as we walked in.