22

Hunter had invited me to attend a business party with him, he usually asks Molly to accompany him but he thought it was a good way for me to understand the environment of my new job and the kind of people I would have to deal with on the clock. I thought it was a great idea so I gladly accepted his invitation.

"Good evening Miss Morr," Lewis Hunter greeted when I stepped inside his limo.

"Good evening, sir."

"You look absolutaly stunning!"

I smiled politely and thanked him for his compliment. The ride to the venue was amusing with Hunter's bubbly personality and chatty nature, being around him was a breath of fresh air.

"Since we're almost there I want you to know a couple of things before you socialize with anyone, think of them as rules you need to remember and follow," he said and leaned forward placing his elbows on his knees and parting his knees a little, "Rule number one which is the expected one: don't trust anyone with confidential information about you or the company. Now I know you're trustworthy but I have to warn from over people, they might seem nice and all but they're just waiting you to spill something. So don't do it.

"Number two: keep it classy not trashy. I don't want to sound rude, I know you don't need that rule but just in case someone gets under you skin, keep in mind that these people can get very disrespectful towards people who lash out or act unprofessional and that's the last thing you want. Just don't drink too much, joke inappropriately or

"Three: no one's your friend, plain and simple. Just because they're being nice doesn't mean they are, these people are sly and competitive. They're like mosquitoes; the suck the the life out of you if it can help their business.

"And finally the last and most important rule of them all: don't except having too much fun 'cause you want get in. It might seem like a childish rule but eventually you'll learn not to expect a lot so you don't get disappointed a lot. Got it?"

"Don't worry about it," I reassured him.

After a couple minutes, we finally arrived to this beautiful fancy hotel. As we walked, I recognized a lot of famous business men ans women, multi-millionaires and even billionaires! Most of them were either dressed in suits or black dresses, they all looked dazzling nonetheless.

"Lewis Hunter!" I heard someone say from behind us.

Hunter turned around and shook the old man's hand with a broad smile. "Aaron Sparks!" he said enthusiastically, "I haven't seen you around!"

"I bet you can't see a lot of things with these ridiculously dark shades Lewis," the man grinned, "How can you stand wearing them all the time? They're bigger than my ego!"

"Nothing is bigger than your ego except for that nose of yours," Mr Hunter laughed.

If they weren't laughing, I would've sworn they were fighting but Aaron didn't mind the unusual exchange between him and Hunter, on the contrary, he was enjoying it! Aaron laughed so hard his face turned red and he leaned into Hunter.

"You bastard always know how to make me laugh," he said while wiping the outer corner of his eye. So much for rule number two. I cleared my throat because I felt awkward standing over there not really knowing what to do.

"Oh!" Aaron Sparks turned to me, "I didn't realize I was in the presence of a beautiful lady."

"This is my new lawyer, Angelica Morr," Mr Hunter introduced.

"Angelica Morr! As in the lawyer who put Albert Mendes behind bars?!"

"That's her."

"Pleasure to meet you Mr Sparks," I said and extended my hand towards him.