8

I texted Claire to ask if she needed help packing for college, her reply came in a little late but at least she accepted my help. I need to make sure she's okay especially when she's not reaching out for a hand these days, Claire has been isolating herself more and more so I figured that helping her prepare to leave for college might be a good chance to keep an eye on her. This reminds me that I need to start packing too since I have less than a week left here.

I took a taxi to Claire's apartment and soon we were both on the floor folding clothes. We sat mostly in silence and I've noticed how little she talks these days.

"I don't think I've been feeling well these days," Claire sighed, "The college thing is really stressing me out."

"There's no need to worry in a couple of days you'll be standing under the Californian sun with nothing around to bother you,"  I said.

"Yeah..." she said, "I'm thirsty, do you want something to drink?"

"No thanks I'm fine."

"Okay."

Claire slowly got up but suddenly lost her balance, her eyelids were slowly closing and opening.

"Claire are you okay?" I got up and placed my hand on her back but she didn't answer instead she ran to the bathroom and began throwing up. I quickly followed her and held her hair until she was done.

"Are you okay?" I asked while she dried her mouth with the towel.

"Yeah I'm feeling a little better now, it must've been something I ate or maybe I'm sick since I'm nauseous all the time."

Hmm.

"Claire?" I said while biting my lips, "When was the last time you had your period?"

"I don't know.... I think it's been a month," she looked up to think until her green eyes slowly made their way down to meet mine, "You don't think.... no Angy that's not possible.... no no it's just food poisoning."

"But-."

"It's not possible! I can't be!"

"Claire calm down it's just a thought."

She sat down on the bed and cupped her head, her eyes were wide opened and darting between the tiles.

"We need to make sure you're not... you know pregnant. Just in case."

She didn't answer but closed her eyes and inhaled deeply.

"Do you want me to get you a pregnancy test?"

"No, no, no, no, no!" she started crying, "This can't be happening!"

I quickly hugged her, "Claire listen we don't know for sure if your pregnant or not this is why you should take the test "

For minutes she didn't utter a single word until she finally sniffed and then sighed, "Okay I'll do the test."

"You sure?"

"Yes."

"All right, you stay here while I grab a pregnancy test from the pharmacy,"

She nodded and I hurried outside to find the nearest pharmacy, hotfootted . Claire opened the door and quickly let me in before I got the chance to knock.

She quickly snatched the test from my hand and went to the bathroom but stopped right in front of the door.

"Everything's going to be all right," I assured her.

She looked down at the pregnancy test in her hand and nodded. Slowly, the blonde made her way to the bathroom and closed the door behind her while I sat outside and waited for her to come back.