23

"Do you want a drink, ma'am?"

"No thank you," I smiled at the flight attendant who nodded her head and carried on.

I'm currently on the plane flying to Germany with Mr Hunter to a sign a contract with Mr. Brooke. We will be landing soon and I can't wait to get to the hotel, I was never a fan of flying and it always knocks out the energy out of me.

"I can't wait to get this over with," he said from beside me.

"Yeah I hope things go as smoothly as possible."

****

After an hour of driving, we managed to get to the hotel and by now I had a major headache and a mild chest pain but I tried my best to ignore it and think about the warm shower I am about to take.

"Good evening," the receptionist said with a thick Dutch accent.

"Hello we'd like to check in, we already have two rooms booked," my boss said.

"Names please."

"Lewis Hunter and Angelica Morr."

"Ah yes one room for Mr and Mrs Hunter," he said while staring at the computer.

My eyebrows rose up and I quickly moved closers to the counter. "Excuse me, did you say one room?"

"Yes a suite for the both of you."

"There must be a mistake," Hunter stepped in, "My assistant booked two suites for each of us."

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience but it doesn't say that here, we have no reservations under the name Angelica Morr."

"Well is there any extra rooms?" I asked still shocked.

"We're currently full, but if you want I can find you a room in our other branch, it's two hours away from here."

I looked at Mr Hunter and sighed, there is no way I'm staying in a car for an extra two hours.

"Can we speak to the manager please?" he said.

"One minute."

The manager went through the data on the computer again and then suggested we share the suite for the night until they clear up a room for me so I was left with the option of staying, temporarily, with Mr Hunter. Maybe if I wasn't jet-lagged and on the edge of having a mild asthma attack, I would've been able to think clearer but at that moment I just wanted to get a shower and sleep so I gave up and agreed to share.

We finally reached the suite and Mr Hunter kept apologising for what was happening.

"It's only for a night or two so it's okay," I said as I unzipped my bag to fish out my pyjamas.

"I know you're feeling a bit uncomfortable right now and don't worry we're not going to share the bed as well, I'm going to sleep on the couch. It looked comfy enough."

"I appreciate the gesture Mr Hunter."

I went inside the bathroom and locked the door behind me. The water hit my back first and shoulders quickly dropped. I started going over my mental to-so list and made a side note to call Claire and Nathan as soon as possible. The steam from the hot water was making me a bit lightheaded and as soon as I finished my shower, I wore my pj's and hurried to my purse to get my inhaler.

I shook it, brought it to my mouth and depressed the canister. I breathed the drug until my lungs were full of it.

"You have asthma?" Hunter asked from across the room.

"Yeah, the steam inside was too much for me and I was already struggling to breathe."

"You better take care of yourself then."

"Im trying."