27

"How?" I whispered trying my best not to cry.

"Sit down so I can explain everything," he said. He no longer had the British accent he had been faking.

"Angelica," Irene reached out to touch my hand but I brushed her off. It felt like I'm stuck in this sick play and everyone was acting out a role they've been given.

"Don't touch me," I hissed, "You're all playing me like a puppet!"

"No one is playing you Angelica," Aaron said sounding a bit more collected.

"Oh yeah?! And how do you explain the unceasing lies and stories?!" I yelled at him, "Are you even who you claim you are?!"

"I am," he said deadpan.

"Angelica calm down."

"Don't tell me to calm down Irene! And you!" I said turning around to face Dylan, "Take off these stupid glasses and say something!"

"I won't speak until you relax and sit down."

"Oh you want me to relax?! You expect me to relax Dylan?! You've been dressing up like an old man all these years and going around fooling everyone?!"

"I have my reasons."

"What reasons Dylan?! Are you plotting on something with a new gang?! Are you trying to assassin someone?! Tell me!"

"Can you just listen to me?!" he yelled.

"Don't you dare raise your voice at me!"

"I'm not raising my voice at you!"

"EVERYONE SHUT THE FUCK UP" Claire suddenly boomed and we all fell quiet.

"Now I don't know what the hell is going on here, and the back story to all of this but I'm pretty sure Angy deserves an explanation and she will get one calmly," she said and looked at me, "So it would be better if we all sat down and let Dylan or Lewis or whoever that man is, talk."

We all stared at each other and I finally sighed at took a seat beside Claire.

"Okay," I said quietly, "I'm all ears."

Dylan let out a breath and took off his scarf, hat and.... glasses. My heart skipped a beat when I finally saw his gray eyes again. He was looking back at me and my lungs were fighting for oxygen under his stare. His thick beard didn't look right now that I can see his face. How did I not notice the similarities before? The height? The weight? Even his voice sounded different behind those glasses. How blind was I to let these details fly over my head.

"It all started after you left."