41 Quite A Night

"Angy! I missed you so much!" Adam hugged me tightly.

"I missed you too!" I hugged him back.

"How was your vacation?" he asked.

"It was amazing."

"Did you bring me anything?"

"Hmmm," I pretended to think. "Yes!" I revealed a box of chocolate and a race car.

Adam gasped,he looked adorable with his mouth and eyes opened. "Thank you!"

"You're welcome little man." I chuckled ruffling his soft brown hair before he took off running.

I looked to see Claire smiling widely as if she was waiting for me to say anything. She'd already seen Dylan and the drive drop me off here just minutes ago. I think it's about time for them to meet,maybe sometime soon.

"Okay,the trip was freaking amazing!" I said smiling widely.

She came and pulled me in for a hug.

"I can't believe this is finally happening." she said.

"Me neither,to be honest."

"Are you happy?"

"I think I'm over the moon!"

Claire smiled,I don't know if it was just in my head but I found a hint of sadness in her smile but no,maybe I'm just tired. "That's good."

I headed to my room and unpacked before going early to bed,I wasn't that hungry so I skipped dinner.

***

"Dinner?"

"Yes,at my house."

"I'd love to,but why?"

"I told you before I want you to meet Claire and Adam."

"Okay,when's the dinner?"

"Tomorrow at eight pm."

"Okay I'll see you then. Goodnight,angel."

"Goodnight,devil." I smiled as I ended the phone call with Dylan.

It's been a week since we came from the vacation and returned to work. I thought it would be hard to work with Dylan because he would keep flirting with me,but to my surprise we was acting like a professional and keep things between me and him a litte bit formal. Although he still sometimes flirt or hug me.

I inhaled and exhaled deeply as I rested my head on the pillow. The clock was already twelve am and I'm still awake,something I'm not really used to but I just couldn't sleep,probably from what will happen tomorrow. Dylan is going to have dinner with us,I wonder if they will get along. I shouldn't really over think this,I'll just hope everything goes fine tomorrow.

***

"Claire,what time is it?" I asked as I placed the plates on the dining table.

"Seven fifty six." she answered from the other room.

My heart began to beat fast. He's almost here,just a few minutes and he'll be knocking on the door. Why am I so nervous about this dinner? I've dined with him many times before,this shouldn't be to hard. Ahh well it's kinda different now since the dinner is held at your house and with your family and there will be some judging going on,so you should kinda be nervous about this because things could wrong. Dylan might not like the food,drinks may spill on your dress,or the house could be set on fire. Just saying. The little voice in my head remarked. No I must think positive and not overthink stuff as always.