Author's Note

Hello again, old and new readers!

Some of you might find this new update a bit confusing and maybe exciting but it had to be included due to the excessive changes made in the book. As you know the last chapter of Devil May Cry was posted back in 2017 and ever since I had been taking a break from writing. Earlier this year I came back and re-read some of my old works to edit them but because of how cringy I found them I decided to take the time and write these books again.

I started rewriting/ editing Devil May Cry a couple of months ago and the process is so far both tiring and fun. There were so many grammatical and spelling mistakes in every chapter that made me question how I even had the nerve to publish them in the first place but regardless I'm glad that I did.

If you had read the book before you will definitely notice the difference between the old and new published version and might also notice the subtle changes in the minor details. When I came back to edit this book, I realized how mature the topics at hand are and how poorly I have written about them. I was so focused on finishing the book that I completely ignored the characters and their feelings towards these topics. Overall the chapters turned out to be emotionless, badly written, and cliché.

Two years ago little me would've said, "Wow this is the best book written so far nothing can top it!" But today old me believes that there is always room for improvement and I have mentioned this in a post on my message board. I've deleted the chapters that I felt no longer fit in the storyline and re-written the rest so now they include new scenes and dialects. Some chapters might seem familiar but others are completely different.

As for the story and characters, you will notice the major change in the characters personalities and their relationships with each other. Some characters no longer exist in the story and others will be playing a bigger role in it. The events, reactions, and plot twists have changed so the story can seem more realistic and logical. There are also new chapters so you guys can read the book from different view points and understand the back story of each character.

I am now aware of how cringy the old chapters were and I'm trying my best to write them properly. I want you guys to enjoy what you're reading and that can't be achieved with the old version. Now that I'm older I can relate better to what I was writing back then and I find that bewildering. I was writing what I thought I needed instead of writing what I'm feeling probably because I, myself, wasn't as opened as I am now with my emotions. I was always bolting them inside and that reflected on my work.

The story is going to take a totally different course and I like to think of it as a renovation or a makeover. The book in general might seem confusing right now because I'm editing one chapter at a time and the old chapters are colliding with the new ones but I'm sure this version will turn out better than the last.

There are so many things I want to say but my thoughts are all over the place and I'm trying to be as brief as possible. I never thought I'll come back and edit this book let alone delete and add chapters but here I am now telling you about the new updates.

Another thing I never thought I would do is a......... sequel! That's right! I have a bunch new ideas for a follow up book but everything is still on draft. Let me now if guys want a sequel for Devil May Cry in the comments. Don't be shy!

I guess this is it for now, I will be posting the updates on the message board so make sure you read them if you're a Devil May Cry fan. Thank you all so much for taking the time to read what I write, it never occurred to me that someone might actually like my work. Thank you for all the love you have shown me.