45 Want You

I woke up today a bit late,because I stayed awake longer than usual yesterday night to work. After finishing my normal routine I went downstairs and headed to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee. Today's Sunday and by checking the hour I assumed that Katherine,the nanny,had already arrived and Claire is,probably,showing her around.

"Good morning." I said once I reached the kitchen to Claire and the nanny.

"Good morning,Angy." Claire said.

"Good morning." the young nanny replied.

"Angy this is Katherine Anderson,the nanny and Katherine this is Angelica Morr my best friend who I told you about." Claire introduced.

"Nice to meet you Ms Morr." Katherine held out her hand which I shook.

"Same here Katherine." I smiled.
"You can call me Kathy."

"Well Kathy,this is pretty much everything you should know. You'll meet Adam once he wakes up,which is anytime now." Claire said.

"Can't wait to meet him." Kathy smiled brightly. She's quite cheerful.

"Well if you excuse me,I'll have to get ready since I'll go back to work tomorrow. I have a lot of things to catch up on to," Claire said. "I'll see you later."

My friend left the kitchen and I was left alone with the nanny. Katherine looked young and very happy. She had orange hair,light brown eyes,and freckles spread around her eyes and nose.

"You can go and unpack your things if you want,I can show you where your room is if you don't know." I offered.

"No it's okay,Ms Houston already showed me around." she smiled.
"Okay then,call me if you need anything."

Kathy nodded and took her stuff that were placed on the kitchen counter. After being left alone,I went to make myself the coffee. I drank it in the living room as I watched the news on TV. When I was done,Adam came down stairs.

"Hey buddy." I smiled.

"Morning,Angy."

"Somebody wants to meet you." I informed.

"Who?"

"Hold on,I'll go get mommy first."

I went to Claire's office,knocked on her door,and then told her that her son's awake. She got up and headed to the living room as I followed her,and then she called the nanny.

"Adam honey," she spoke gently to her son. "The hospital has been calling me a lot lately because they want me to go back to work. And since I can't leave you alone I decided to hire someone so they can look after you when I'm not around."

"Who?"

"Well,she's a nanny and she's very sweet. I'm sure you'll love her."

"What's a nanny?"

"A nanny is someone who takes care of and looks after you when I'm not around to do so."

"You hired me a new mommy? But I don't want a new mommy! I want you!"

"She won't be your mommy."

"But she acts like one."

"Adam,even if she acts like one and plays the role like one,she can never ever replace your mom. She only helps your mom to take care of you. But no one on Earth can replace a mother because God gave you one mother who loves you very much." I said.

"If you love me,why do you want to leave me with someone else?" he turned to Claire.

"I'm not leaving you with anyone,I'll never leave you. She'll only spend time with you while I work." Claire answered.

"Can't I go with you to work? I'll promise to be good."