• 2 •

TODAY WAS SATURDAY

TODAY WAS SATURDAY. My day off. Every week I worked five days a week, Monday to Friday, for six hours. My parents hadn't let me buy my own apartment yet -they said twenty was too young, but I know they just don't want me to leave- so I was slumped against the couch, watching tv.

My phone buzzes in my pocket, and I see that it's my mother. My parents were working, honestly not a surprise. I hardly saw them anymore.

"Hey mum!" I say cheerfully.

"Hello sweetheart. Um, we need you to come to the office. We need you for something," My mother says.

Her tone was different to when she usually spoke. She usually spoke confidently, and her voice was always cheerful. Today it sounded nervous, and a tad bit frightened. I shiver at the thought of her upset. Though I hated not seeing them, I cared about them.

"I'll be there in a jiffy!" I exclaim.

Mum chuckles and I cut the call. I grab my bag, putting in my purse and my phone before running out. Luckily, they let me buy a car. It was an Audi A5 Cabriolet. It was red and a convertible. I jump into my car and drive to the office.

I walk straight in, and greet the receptionist Esmeralda. I get into the elevator and press 39. That was the highest floor, and that was where my parents worked. My parents' secretary Jade was there, typing furiously on her keyboard.

"Hey Jade," I greet and she looks up. She gives me a warm smile.

"Vilu! Your parents are in the board meeting room. They looked very nervous, it was probably because of the guests." Jade informs me.

I'm about to ask her who the guests were but she was already pushing me towards the meeting room. I walk in, and see four people already inside. My jaw drops as I recognize them as Gregorio and Diego Hernandez.

The filthy rich people from last night.

The four of them look up in acknowledgement of my presence. My mother motions for me to come sit next to her. I slowly and hesitantly walk over. Diego brought his smirk, so as soon as I met his gaze, he smirked. I swallow hard, which makes his smirk widen.

I hate him, I decide.

I take my seat, and put my hands in my lap, looking down at them like they were the most interesting thing in the world. Gregorio clears his throat, and takes out a stack of papers -that were stapled- from his briefcase.

"I think you should start from the beginning, for my daughter," my father says, interrupting Gregorio.

"German, if you insist. I'm sure that you and Maria haven't told her anything," Gregorio says and they nod. "I'm quite surprised, since this offer has been on the table for a few months,"

They knew him already? And what did this have to do with me? Gregorio clears his throat.

"Violetta, if you don't know, your parents' businesses are sinking. They are undergoing terrible financial problems. My company has decided to help them, on a condition. One simple condition," Gregorio starts.