• 44 •

(So not too bad for a horrible updated am I right?? But at this point I think I can afford an update every week. I will try my best to write the last nine chapters of the book. Meanwhile you guys can enjoy this chapter! xx)

 Meanwhile you guys can enjoy this chapter! xx)

"CAN YOU ROW?"

"CAN YOU ROW?"

"Can I what?" Diego chokes and I giggle.

"My mother wants us to use the canoes and to be honest I'm shit at it so you are in charge," I tel him and he groans.

"I don't-"

"Na-uh, there is nothing to negotiate," I pat his shoulder and skip ahead.

After two minutes of walking beside Keagan, I hear Diego call me. I sigh as I turn around and my lips twitch in amusement. Diego had Jordan around his left leg, Tristan with his legs around Diego's torso from the back and Lila was clutching his neck quite tightly (if I wasn't so bemused than I may have been worried that she's strangling him).

"Help," He croaks.

"They love you," I smile.

Nevertheless I walk over and Lila leaps into my arms. Tristan jumps off and Diego pries Jordan off his leg. He allows Jordan to get onto his back and he picks Tristan up.

"Your cousins are incredibly lazy," Diego comments and I laugh.

"It's in the family," I shrug.

We walk for another ten minutes and find the rest of my family waiting. They had already gotten all the canoes from the shed and the oars. We let the kids down gently and they run to their parents.

"So we get one, just the two of us?" He asks and I nod.

"An hour or so of just me, have fun," I wink and he rolls his eyes with a smile.

Last night there was a small part of me that was embarassed. It wasn't exactly a pretty moment when you wake from a nightmare and the fact that Diego saw me like that wasn't exactly at the top of my list of things that I wanted to happen.