• 53 •

(In my opinion, the guests were pretty obvious. But well here you go. This is simply part of closing the book. It was brought up ages ago but never actually executed until now. In other words it was a plot hole I needed to fill. Enjoy xx)

 Enjoy xx)

HE WAS ACTING insufferable

In fact, I'm lying he actually is insufferable.

I know that I could not have expected tonight to go perfectly but deep down I had hope. That hope went down the drain the moment he looked at them.

It was actually shocking that after so many years all that it took was one glimpse of them and he knew who they were. There was no need for an introduction. They actually looked happy to see him and were even happier that he seemed to recognise them.

Until the mere look of recognition changed to disdain.

And then he tried to slam the door in their faces and then I, being the fool that I am, stuck my foot out to try and stop the door.

The stupidity was that I was wearing peep-toe heels and he slammed the door with incredible force. I bit my lip hard to try and stop myself from yelling out in pain. He rolls his eyes and puts his arm around my waist and pulls me to his side.

"Please come in," I croak out and Diego groans.

"I'm gonna get her ice," He grinds out and pulls me to the kitchen.

He pushes the door open and then it swings closed behind us. He doesn't say something for a moment. He goes to the freezer and pulls out a pack of frozen vegetables.

"You're an idiot and not just because of this swelling foot," He says and I nod looking down. "How could you do that? Of all the people in the world to bring to this house you bring them. All four of them!" His voice rises and I put my hand on his shoulder to try and calm him down.

The last thing we needed was to let them hear us shout at each other. Not exactly a model happy couple.

"Why? If this is your way of trying to get me to forgive you, you are unbelievably stupid. I hate them and you know that. God, why did I come?" He runs a hand through his hair before pressing the vegetables against my foot.