• 14 •

"L-Luca?" I stammer and the guy before me grins and nods

He opens his arms and I jump into them. After a few seconds of hugging him hot tears begin to stream down my cheeks and onto his neck and shirt. After a few minutes we finally pull away, and grin at each other.

"You've grown so much," Luca chokes and I blush.

"How did you get here? How did you even find me?" I ask, taking his hands in mine.

I couldn't believe that my brother was here.

"Well it was your fiancé! He found me! And told me that he was marrying you, and he flew me over -on his private jet!- So really thank him," Luca breathes and my jaw drops.

I couldn't believe Diego would go through such great to get my brother back to me. It was just surreal. Who knew there was a heart behind his muscles?

"Thank you Diego!" I exclaim and jump into his arms.

I repeatedly thank him, and squeeze him tighter. He eventually peels me away from him, and sends me a grin, telling me don't worry about it. I turn back to my brother.

My brother!

"Ah, Vilu, we have so much to catch up on! Like where you found this charming man!" Luca exclaims, and gestures to Diego.

"He's mine," I playfully hiss.

"Possessive are we?" Diego mutters under his breath and into my ear.

Luca didn't show any reaction, so I presumed he didn't hear. I put on a fake smile and drag Luca to the kitchen making sure I lightly kick Diego in the shins.

I told Luca about high school, and my previous job at Black Mint. I was hoping to avoid the Diego subject. It wasn't exactly an easy thing to explain. First of all I wasn't even sure if I wanted to tell him the truth.

I mean I was fake marrying somebody and it was technically for money. Not so much for me but still. It was my choice. I chose to say yes that day.

I was doing fine with trying to avoid even mentioning Diego, when Diego walked in and ruined everything. Luca's face lit up.

"Diego, come sit! I want to hear about you and my little sister!" Luca motions Diego over.

Diego shrugs and sits next to me and sets his mango juice on the table. Luca puts his elbows on the table and puts his chin on his connected hands. He leans in interested.

"So how did you two meet?" Luca asks.

Diego gives me a side glance, silently asking if we were going to tell him the truth. I discreetly shake my head a little. He turns back to Luca and puts a smile on his face.

"Through our parents. My dad's company made a deal with your parents, and we happened to meet,"  It was funny how that story was pretty much true— he just bent the truth a little. I see Luca stiffen up at the mention of our parents.

The two people who were meant to love him unconditionally, but ended up shipping him away out of shame. I touch his arm sympathetically and he sends me a grateful grin.

"And was it love at first sight?" Luca asks hopefully changing the suddenly dull mood.

"Something like that," I giggle.

"You seem so interested in my love life, are you a hopeless romantic?" I tease and he rolls his eyes.

"No, I in fact have a boyfriend, his name's Alec," Luca says and I squeal.

"When can I meet him?" I ask eagerly and Luca chuckles.

"At the wedding," Diego chimes in. "You two are invited," Diego adds on and I send him a smile.

He was being oddly nice all of a sudden. First Luca, and now he's inviting him to my-our wedding.

"I'm not sure if I can, our parents will be there and let's say we aren't on the best terms," Luca says and Diego shrugs.

"We all aren't, with those two," Diego says and Luca raises an eyebrow.

Diego explains what happened at the engagement party. I cringed at the memory. I didn't want to see my parents for a while. I needed to cool down. They were becoming a little too much for me right now.

"Luca, I'm really sorry for what they did to you," I blurt out.

Luca puts his hand on top of mine, and gives me a warm smile, his eyes twinkling. Suddenly, it felt like we were in the past, when he was still here.

"It wasn't your fault, you were just a child," Luca reassures me.

"So were you! You didn't deserve that!" I scream and end up standing up.

"And for what? Being comfortable with your sexuality? I don't see the problem! You didn't have to be sent away to boarding school! They didn't have to cut off all communication! I hate them!" I shout and a hand slips into mine.

It was warm and made me stomach tighten. I look at Diego and he silently tells me to sit back down. I sit down, and look at Luca, who was a bit taken aback by my outburst.

"Yes it was very wrong of them , but don't hate them. They are still your parents," Luca says calmly.

"They're yours too," I huff and he shrugs.

"They practically disowned me. And besides, they haven't done much for me for the past few years. They've pretty much just sent me some money but nothing more. I wouldn't call them my parents," Luca explains.

"It's not fair," I mumble.

"I know baby," Diego mumbles and my breath catches in my throat.

His voice actually sounded sincere and soothing. Did he just say something nice to me?

"Well I've been here for many hours. I think I'll leave. Alec's waiting for me anyway," Luca says getting up.

Must be some sibling thing because he read my mind.

"Yes V, I will be text you tomorrow," Luca promises. He turns to Diego. "Thank you again Diego. I will never repay you for this," They share some bro hug thing.

Once Luca leaves I turn to Diego.

"You brought him, you found him," I smile and he grins.

"I told you I would didn't I?"

<~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~>
Sighs happily. This is only the start of their relationship guys! Just wait!

And, like I did in HF, I want to warn you that there may end up being a month updating hiatus, if I don't manage to fill my drafts up especially for Underneath It All. And chapters are taking a little longer to write since the last few have been 2000+ words, which takes longer to write. So don't be shocked!

And, I want to dedicate this to Cd9768 because you're an amazing person and this is like the latest birthday present EVERRR!! But you know, I love you very much! lol you know Charlotte, it could also be a man dancing?

So thanks for reading! Love you guys! Sorry for any errors 💚

~Lexy 😈