• 47 •

((Here's a new chapter! Considering the book has about plus minus fifteen chapters left this is when their relationship really strengthens! Also if you see a word with two asterisks then that was meant to be bold and if you see a word with two underscores then that was meant to be italic. I wrote it in Docs and when you transfer to wattpad then it changes from bold or italic back to normal and it's frustrating. So sorry about that! But I tried to edit! Also, I know the gif is a little happy but there is some happiness and I found the gif and I will not waste it. Last week was hellish and left me unable to update. If this week goes well you should get an update next weekend! That aside, enjoy! xx)

 If this week goes well you should get an update next weekend! That aside, enjoy! xx)

"YOU CAN WIPE your tears away as much as you want, it doesn't change the fact that I still saw them,"

I sigh and bring my hands away from my face into my lap. I look down at them and fiddle. Through the screen I feel his eyes on me.

"I'm fine," I assure him.

"Then why won't you look at me?" He inquires.

Because if I do I will burst into tears again.

It's not his fault, of course it's not his fault. He didn't ask her to come to the penthouse, he didn't ask her to say all of those horrible things. It's not his fault.

But I still want to blame him. I still want to blame him for giving her the keys in the first place. How could he give her access into what should be my safe place?

"If we weren't married, I would be angrier that you are just blatantly ignoring me."

"Get back to work," I tell him and he chuckles dryly.

"My day is done. I only start my meetings tomorrow," He informs me. I nod.

He gives up on the small talk and asks me who did it. Who hurt my feelings? Who managed to make me cry like those horrible tweets? Who was it?

"Diego, I'm going to cut this call. You lied, you said it was urgent," I say and move my hand towards the Macbook.

"I had a long day, needed to talk to somebody," He said and I stop my fingers.