• 60 •

(The last chapter!!! I will post my full thanks and explanations in the afterword. Pretty much more information on characters that may not always necessarily come through the chapters. I hope you enjoy this final chapter and that the ending is to your liking ; ) )

 I hope you enjoy this final chapter and that the ending is to your liking ; ) )

//Dedicated to everybody who has read this book thus far, I love you//

HE WAS LUCKY.

At least, that is what the doctor told me as I paced around the waiting room.

As we were in the ambulance on our way to the hospital, Diego had a fatal interruption in his breathing. Despite him being unconscious the alcohol continued to enter his bloodstream at a rapid pace, endangering his life further.

He is lucky that he had not reached asphyxiation which was somehow supposed to make me feel relieved.

"Coffee?" Marco offers.

"I don't think it is safe for everybody if I have more," I tell him and he nods, with a small smile.

Marco tried to act calm, after all he had to hysterical women with him, but he was visibly frightened. There was no mistaking the fear in his eyes as he stared at the closed door that led to the room with Diego.

The doctor was still in there and he said that we had to wait some more or we could just go home and see him in the morning when he would probably be awake. But I had already paced up and down the hallway for five hours, I would wait as long it took.

Gregorio had arrived three hours ago and he had been arguing with the nurses the entire time. He told them that he was the patient's father and that he should be allowed to see him; to at least see that he was breathing. The nurse assured him that he was going to be okay but Gregorio refused to believe anything unless he could see it for himself.

Gregorio was shaking but not with anger. I had never seen him so concerned about anything before. The fact that he looked that scared made me feel even worse. He had always been cool-headed but this shook him. It made me think the situation was worse than the doctors stated.