• 6 •

LEON AND FRANCESCA left at three in the morning

LEON AND FRANCESCA left at three in the morning. Diego had spent the night in his bedroom, he didn't come out once. I was tempted to offer him some food, but decided against it. He was an idiot for staying in there all night.

In the morning I wake up, shower. I call Natalia, and ask her to fill in my shift. She reluctantly says yes and I thank her a thousand times. Afterwards I make my way to the kitchen.

Diego must have been awake, because I approached the door I heard a man's voice swear. I walk into the kitchen and see him waving the dishcloth over food burning in a pan.

"Swearing so early in the morning Diego," I say with a teasing smile.

"Shut up," Diego hisses.

"My poor fiancé, in such a bad mood," I tease moving towards him.

I put my hands on his shoulders and his body tenses under my touch. I slowly start to massage his shoulder, and feel his body gradually loosen.

"Babe, what are you doing?" Diego asks.

"Why, I'm just massaging my fiancé' shoulders, is that such a problem?" I ask innocently.

Diego moves his body away from mine, and I pout at him.

"You're acting stupid," Diego tells me and I roll my eyes.

"Are we not supposed to act like a couple?"

"Nope!" Diego smirks. "Couples don't have these pointless arguments that we do sweetheart," Diego reminds me.

"Actually-" I start to correct him but he puts his hand up to stop me.

"Just shut up," He pleads.

I sigh and walk to the stove. I pour the burnt egg into the trash can and take another from the fridge. Diego sits down at the island counter and puts his head in his arms. I turn my attention away from him and back to the eggs.

Five minutes later I made two omelettes with onions, peppers and chilies. I place a fork next to his plate and he murmurs a thank you. I guess despite how cocky he was, he did have manners. We ate in silence, the sound of our forks clinking against the plate, and our chewing were the only sounds.

Until he finally decided to speak.

"Um, I was wondering if you wanted to discuss the party today," Diego says quietly.

"I was hoping to get my friends input as well," I tell him and he groans.

"Mr and Miss Cheerful Happy Pants?" His voice pained. I chuckle.

"Yes them," I answer and he sighs.

"Then I'm bringing my friends," He decides.

He gets up, puts the dishes in the sink and walks out. I spend another five minutes eating, thinking of some simple ideas for the party. Once I'm finished I leave the dishes in the sink, making a mental note to make a cleaning chart. If I didn't, then I would be doing all the work.