• 15 •

I stretched my arms, trying to get the sleepiness out of  them

I stretched my arms, trying to get the sleepiness out of  them. I reach over to my phone and ores the home button.

5 June 2016

I gulp. Today was the day. The memory was still fresh in my mind, even though it happened three years ago. The heavy thud, the quick footsteps. My scream.

I shake my head and try to wipe the tears away. I couldn't help but cry. Last year the whole day I cried, my parents left me alone knowing there was no way they could calm me down.

After having a quick shower and changing into a multicolored top, and black tights, with some lavender converse, I walk to the living room. Diego was lounging on the couch, in a plain white shirt and track pants.

"Hey, um, where's my car keys?" I ask him.

For the past few days I've been searching the house for my keys, but failed to find them. Today would be the perfect day to get back out there, on my own.

"About that, my dad didn't want you driving a car, so we sold it-" I gasp and he sends me an apologetic look, "but if there's anywhere you want to go, I'd be happy to take you."

"No, I have to go on my own, please," I beg and he bites his lip.

"That's what my father wanted, I'm sorry, but what he says goes," Diego apologizes and I glare at him.

"You are such a daddy's boy," I growl and storm back to my room.

I felt slightly bad for what I said but it's true. It's like he looked up to his father, why? And what happened to his mother? Was his mother the reason for that sincere side coming out once in a while? What about his mother's family?

I told him about my family, okay, except about today, but he hasn't really shared anything. One of our rules was honesty. I glance at the sheet sitting on my bed side table. My door is opened, and Diego walks right in.

"I could have been changing," I remind him and he grins cheekily.

"Wouldn't that have been a sight to see." Diego says.

"Perv," I murmur and his grin doesn't leave his face, except now he's more smug.

"Is that the rules?" Diego asks glancing at the paper on my bedside table.

"Yeah," I say and he reaches over and picks it up.

He reads through  them, and an amused smile crosses his face. So he's amused now? Those rules aren't a joke.

"I must say, the phrases you used are quite. . .amusing or entertaining rather," Diego comments.

"I am very serious about this," I growl and he smirks.

"Who said I'm not?" Diego tilts his head to the side, in a teasing manner. "Especially the last one," Diego emphasizes.