• 8 •

I WAS BORED

I WAS BORED.

Bored would be an understatement in fact.

It was just three days. Three days without work. Three days stuck in this penthouse!  It's not as exciting as you may think. Diego was here most of the time, he sometimes left for a few hours a day, probably to go the office.

And so when he was here, he was watching tv. And when he left, I never knew so when I decided to go to the living room, he came back, and shooed me away, saying that I missed my window of opportunity.

I swipe my phone, looking at all my app pages for the hundredth time. Same old apps. Same old background. I sigh and fall back, aiming for my pillow, but instead my head hits the headboard. I groan out loud and my door is opened.

"Ah, I see clumsy hit the headboard," Diego teases and I stick my tongue out at him.

"When are the charity things going to start? I'm bored!" I whine and Diego chuckles.

"Actually. We are making the announcement today," Diego grins and my eyes widen.

"How?" I question.

"We're going on some talking show. I think it was  The Talk. And then we are going to come out. Dad sent a ring by the way," Diego explains.

He puts his hand in his pocket and searched his pockets. He pulls out something small wrapped in tissue paper. He opens it and discards the paper flinging it onto the floor. I was about to protest, when he shoved the ring in front of my face.

Wow.

It started off as one band, but then split into two. One was a a normal silver band, the other had diamonds on it. In the middle there was a larger diamond, and then the two bands which merged into one.

My mouth was in the shape of an 'o' and Diego chuckles. He picked my left hand up, and slid it onto my ring finger. I admired how it looked on my finger. Diego smiles.

"This is amazing!" I squeal.

"I'll tell my dad," Diego says and he walks out.