• 41 •

(How lucky you guys are to get two long authors notes from me in one chapter! Here I am with yet another apology. This is even more overdue than usual! But exams are starting (tomorrow) and after working on a chapter for three weeks it is finally done. You will probably not get another chapter until around the 24th of June. I finish exams so I will be free. I want to write during the exam period but I write every single day, and some days I write two exams and life decided to throw Father's Day in the mix. I just can't. So apologies! And, my thirty minute breather after every exam will be a run; so absolutely no time to write. I'm deeply sorry! That aside, enjoy this chapter!)

 I'm deeply sorry! That aside, enjoy this chapter!)

I BARELY REMEMBERED this room

Everything was clean yet it looked untouched. Books were still neatly placed in the bookshelf above the desk, the desk itself still had books on the top right-hand-side corner. The duvet cover was still blue, the Hulk stuffed figure was still in the middle of the bed waiting.

But everything still felt different. It lacked the proper warmth that a room should possess, you could tell that nobody has been in her for a long time. The curtains were drawn, and I could tell they hadn't been opened in years. The room was stuffy, it hadn't been aired out.

It had been twelve years.

Twelve years.

I let out a shaky breath and move towards the window. The first thing I do is pull the curtains, light shines in through the windows and the room feel different. I open the window and a rush of air enters the room letting it breathe.

Luca still stood in the doorway, his eyes fixated on the bed. He hesitantly moves inside, trails his fingers across the spines of books, then across the desk. His eyes were conflicted, he couldn't figure out whether he should run or not.

But this was my only chance. My only chance of getting our family to act as a family again.

We were all frustrated with each other. I was still slightly irritated that they didn't trust me to tell me about Diego from the beginning and secondly because of Luca and their behaviour since he had come back home again.