• 2.2 •

Violetta was attractive, polite and an idealist

Violetta was attractive, polite and an idealist. There was no better fit for me. That's what made her so damn irritating.

The worst part was that she could never be a casual fling. If I slept with her then it would change everything. Girls like her would always expect something more and guys like me wanted nothing to do with that.

But she made it so fucking hard.

My father chose somebody to uphold the Hernandez standards. But I could not imagine how I would survive seeing her traipse around in her pajama shorts and tank tops every single day. She had no idea what she was even doing to me.

I knew that my father had another reason for choosing Violetta. Like I said, she is everything that I need in life (even if I didn't necessarily want it that way) and he knew that. He wanted me to fall in love. Like he and my mother.

My parents use to tell me about when they first met. They were a rare pair of high school sweethearts couple who made it through everything...except her final tour.

Dad said that as soon as he saw her, he knew she was the one. The way her black hair glimmered in the light, her sparkling smile, her flawless skin and especially the way she threw her head back as she laughed at something the person next to her said. He was enchanted instantly. Mum said it was that way for her as well (when she saw him a few minutes later).

He was the best man she had ever met.

I had always wanted it, but I had never made an effort to even try. When I met a girl, I felt nothing so I would simply ask her to bed. She'd agree obviously, I mean who wouldn't to a guy like me.

But with Violetta, it wasn't quite what my parents explained, which made me happy. Violetta wasn't my type at all, you could easily tell that the girl was into commitment. Something I refused to even glance at.

No strings attached.

I had two rules for myself.

1) don't have a lovey dovey time in bed. It's quick, and simple. I must not feel anything.