• 25 •

 FRANCESCA AND LEON were rendered speechless

FRANCESCA AND LEON were rendered speechless. I smiled falsely, and walked away from them, untangling our arms. On one hand, I knew what I said was harsh. But on the other, I knew that the three of us knew I was right.

Diego didn't care.

Just when I had a last sliver of hope left in me when I saw the surprise party, he shot me down. It was a bullet, that just went through an already opened wound. It was hard trying to convince myself to not cry.

I really hoped that Diego and I could get somewhere in this somewhat relationship, but obviously not. He proved me wrong, but deep down I know that he proved my point. At least be friends, but obviously not.

Francesca and Leon were talking in hushed voices, but I caught a few words. Bitch -hope they meant Lara- Time. Love. Unfortunately I wasn't exactly a genius, so I couldn't think of any sentence that made sense.

I plastered a fake smile across my face and started in the direction of Luca and his blond boyfriend. But somebody stepped in front of me. Well two people. My parents. Frankly, I didn't want to see them right now. I had a feeling they might ask me what Luca was doing here with a dude? And I didn't have the energy for that.

"You and Diego get along?" My mother questions, her eyes wide. She must have been referring to the kiss, or well it was hardly even a kiss in my mind.

It felt like we didn't even touch. Compared to the kisses a few days ago, what we shared today didn't make the cut. Of course I kept these side comments to myself. I didn't need my parents knowing that I was sleeping with my arranged fiancé. They would strangle me.

"Nope," I answer, and I could see the confusion spread across their faces.

So you kiss but you don't get along? That doesn't work. That was probably my mother's thoughts as of right now. I couldn't blame her. If somebody told me that I would laugh in their faces.

"It's acting mother," I say dryly.

"It didn't look like that," My mother says sternly.