• 55 •

(I am so glad that you enjoyed the last chapter! It is definitely one of my favourites. This chapter is definitely less 'exciting' as it is more of a filler to prepare for C56 ; ) Regardless, I hope you enjoy! And, I am sorry this was not updated the last two weeks, I forgot >_< . Exams are stressful. But here it is! And you're in for quite a long chapter...oh, and the gif just ignore Olga!) 

I MADE AN escape and ran outside

Did he just?

Does he really?

I let out a deep breath and leaned against the wall. I tried to steady my heart rate but it seemed pointless. My heart pounded in my chest but I could barely register anything. 

He actually cared about me. Despite what his actions portrayed he did not loathe me. He did feel remorse every single time he was with another girl behind my back. He had a heart.

Everything aforementioned is exactly what I hoped for, for what seemed liked ages. And yet I was not in there telling him that I shared those feelings. Instead, I was out here, barely breathing.

Part of me was angry.

If he felt this way, why could he not at least try and show it? Why can't he tell me? I was not that fragile. I wanted him to tell me how he felt and then I could tell him and then...maybe we can have something.

I was angry that he was letting his fear of possibly hurting me stop himself from at least trying to have a real relationship with me. Did he not understand that by refraining himself he was already hurting me?

But then, the other part of me was afraid.

If he kinda liked me and I kinda liked him...that meant we kinda liked each other. Anybody else would have rejoiced but I could not.

I know who he tried to be, who he was and who he is. I had seen him at some of his lowest points and he had been with me during mine. And that was part of what made it frightening.

What if we really didn't work out that way? Then we would have ruined everything we had for nothing? We would be in an ever whose place than where we started.